Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

CHOPTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Cincinnati Heirloom Open Pollinated Tomato Associate Growers

Old August 23, 2011   #16
rsolinski
CHOPTAG™

I will be there, banner and all with a few friends in tow...I have bupkiss for tomatoes ...biggest , healthiest plants I have ever had with terrible fruit set..I've been lucky to get one or two a week......Sorry to hear you won't make it Earl and Kathy!!...look forward to seeing the reat of the crew!

Ray
Old August 24, 2011   #17
beatpoet
Tomatovillian™

^don't worry, I'm in a similar boat. Lost a lot of tomatoes to BER early on and half of my plants have not yet produced ripe fruit yet due to that. At least my Stupice and Sungold plants have been doing well. My peppers have been doing way better than my tomatoes this year.
Old August 25, 2011   #18
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

You both come on anyway! I've got LOTS of tomatoes and I'll bring plenty
Old August 26, 2011   #19
lurley
Tomatovillian™

Guess I won't be making it tomorrow. Son is relegated to JV team so his first game of the season is tomorrow at 10 am.
Old August 26, 2011   #20
VGary
Tomatoville Honoree

Default Tomato Tasting

I waited late to determine if I could make it to the Tomato Tasting. I was late getting my tomatoes transplanted due to the heavy rains. When I did get them planted we began having extreme heat and the plants failed to pollinate . I do have a few tomatoes and have only been able to pick some cherry types. Looks like it is going to be three or four weeks before I am able to get anything. I hope to get a few for some seed saving. They were the best looking plants I have had in several years but now the blight seems to be taking hold of some of them.

Both Katharine and I continue to have major health problems. We don't get out on the 95/100 deg. days unless it is for getting to a doctor appointment or going to the drug store (they know us by our first names). : )

For some weeks I talked to several friends and family about any interest they might have in a trip to Cincinnati -- this is the IRON MAN weekend here in Louisville and other things which seem to draw folks out. I don't drive but short distances any more and Cincinnati is too far for me. So I am unable to make the "Tasting" this year. Perhaps I will be able to make it to the Spring gathering. The Kentucky Seed Exchange is October 1st in Berea, KY and I am hoping I can get to that event. Several friends have expressed interest in attending so I will be able to hitch a ride and be able to share gas cost with them.

Happy Gardening to us All!
Gary
Old August 27, 2011   #21
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

Well it doesn’t look good for Deborah and me either. Deborah had a small accident and I need to tend to her.
I truly hope everyone has a great time and I EXPECT a full report.