Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

CHOPTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Cincinnati Heirloom Open Pollinated Tomato Associate Growers

Old March 21, 2011   #1
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

Default 2011 Plant Swap

We have a date for the Spring Plant Swap. It will be Saturday May 7th from noon to 3pm this year.

We’ll use Paxton Ramsey Park again. http://www.miamitwp.org/index.php?op...d=87&Itemid=91

Bring your extra plants, seed, food and stories. While this is a CHOPTAG “tomato plant swap” event, feel free to bring any fruit, veggi or herb plants you want to off-load.

Everyone is welcome to join us. This is a family affair, so bring the kids, the parents, the grandparents and anyone else that likes tomatoes.

There is only one rule. Bring plants or bring food.

Directions to the park:

If you are coming from the North, Down I-75 or I-71 you’ll want to take I275 East to exit 54 (Wards Corner Rd). Using the CENTER lane turn LEFT off the exit. This will put you in the right hand lane on Wards Corner Rd. Turn RIGHT at the 1st street, Loveland-Miamiville Rd. Go about 7/10 of a mile and turn RIGHT on Price Rd. The park is at the top of the hill, about ½ mile, on the right.

If your coming from the South up I-71/75 take I-275 North to exit 54 (Wards Corner Rd). Turn Right off the exit. Stay in the right hand lane. Turn RIGHT at the 1st street, Loveland-Miamiville Rd. Go about 7/10 of a mile and turn RIGHT on Price Rd. The park is at the top of the hill, about ½ mile, on the right.

For those coming from Indiana on I74 use I-275 through Kentucky continuing to exit 54 (Wards Corner Rd). Turn Right off the exit. Stay in the right hand lane. Turn RIGHT at the 1st street, Loveland-Miamiville Rd. Go about 7/10 of a mile and turn RIGHT on Price Rd. The park is at the top of the hill, about ½ mile, on the right.
Old March 27, 2011   #2
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

Finally decided what I'm planting

These are the varieties I'll be sowing. I usually sow a few extras to bring to the swap anyway, but if you just gotta make sure you get a particular variety, then speak up now and I'll sow some extra just for you!

Black Cherry
Snow White Cherry
Believe It or Not
Black Krim
Black Brandywine --potato leaf variety
Brandywine --Sudduth strain
Church
Green Giant
KBX
Marianna's Peace
Spudakee Purple
Stump of the World

I'll try my best to fill all requests. See you all on the 7th
Old March 28, 2011   #3
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

Hey Barbee

Glad to see you plan to make the Swap this year. I'm having trouble germinating my Black Cherry so if you can bring one for me that would be great.

I should be posting my list in the next few days.
Old April 4, 2011   #4
garnetmoth
Tomatovillian™

Ive also happily got Black Cherry up too! Ill be potting up next week or so.
Me, actually making a plant swap?!

I was really hoping to get Bloody Butcher seed in trade but never quite figured it out, that or Stupice for canning? if'n anyone has seeds.

the most unusual one I have is oranje van goeijenbier from WinterSown.org
Old April 4, 2011   #5
beatpoet
Tomatovillian™

Pretty new to this site, but hoping I can make it out for this. Should have a few extra plants as long as I don't lose any seedlings between now and then.

garnetmoth: I'm planting Stupice this year, so if I come I'll make sure to bring any extra I've got if I can make it.
Old April 5, 2011   #6
lurley
Tomatovillian™

Definitely bringing some berekley tie dye heart and isis candy, got great germ on those and had tons potted up today
Old April 10, 2011   #7
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

So, this has not been my best year so far. Too many things going on I guess.

Did I mention I retired? Getting SS and Medicare set up plus all the other things (what's first on the honey-do list, what time of day should I take my nap, etc...).

I planned to start Carbon, Cherokee Chocolate and Mark Twain this year but didn't. So if anyone has any extra of those I could use one of each.

Here is what I have potted up:

Aker's West Virginia
Aunt Gertie's Gold
Aunt Ruby's German Green
Big Rainbow
Box Car Willie
Brandywine, Quisenbury
Canestrino
Dr. Carolyn
Guido
Italian Sweet
John Baer
Kellogg's Breakfast
Lillian's Yellow Heirloom
Lucky Cross
Marianna's Peace
Mortgage Lifter, Radiator Charlie
Red Brandywine
San Marzano
Tidwell German
Tiffen Mennonite
Winsall
Yellow Red Butt
Old April 10, 2011   #8
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

Jerry put me down for an Aunt Gertie's Gold please. That's one I meant to get seeds for an forgot. Woohoo!
Old April 10, 2011   #9
garnetmoth
Tomatovillian™

Hey Jerry, Ive got ya covered for a Carbon or 2!

Beat- were practically neighbors- hi! I do appreciate it. I did get BB seeds in the mail this week, so no big rush.
Old April 11, 2011   #10
lurley
Tomatovillian™

Jerry,
could I get a yellow red butt? Tee hee! Gotta love it just for the name
Old April 12, 2011   #11
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

So far, I have Jerry down for a Black Cherry. If you requested something and I missed it, please repost.
Old April 17, 2011   #12
lurley
Tomatovillian™

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CMmv5qsI
Here is the link to the list I have of plants for sale just so I don't have to retype everything here. My sale starts the day after the swap so if anyone sees anything they would like me to bring them let me know as I obviously can't bring some of everything but will try to bring a couple for anyone who requests specific ones, as long as everyone doesn't want the same thing since some varieties I have as few as three plants of and need to keep at least one for myself. And I haven't updated the list with newer plantings as I wasn't sure if they would be big enough to list for my sale (4 inch pots) but I'm sure they would be at least nice 6 pack size and I could bring those too so if I don't have it and you are looking for it let me know and I'll check. I'm not sure if it's on my list but I also have Blush if anyone is interested.
Old April 17, 2011   #13
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

If you have a spare Lescana, I'd love to swap something with you. I tried to get that one at last year's swap and now seeing it just reminded me I meant to buy seeds this year. Dangit!
Old April 18, 2011   #14
Crispy Corners Guy
Tomatovillian™

We've firmed up our travel plans for later in May so I can come to the May 7th event. I'm so excited!

Jerry -- If they are still available, I would like to reserve an Aker's West Virginia, an Aunt Gertie's Gold, a Lucky Cross, and a Mortgage Lifter.

Barbee -- If they are still available, I would love a Black Krim and a Green Giant plant.

Lurley -- Wow! What a huge variety you have! If you have one of each to spare, I'd like to try a Great White, a Black Pear, a Green Zebra, a Sungold, a Goose Creek, and a San Marzano Redorta.

My hens are laying like crazy with the warmer spring days, so I'll be sure to bring you all some fresh eggs -- and if all continues to go well, I should have a tomato plant for each of you from my very favorite variety from last year that I finally found a source for -- Ben's Ivory Pear.

Thanks!
Tim
Old April 18, 2011   #15
lurley
Tomatovillian™

Barbee- think I can help you out on that Lescana, they didn't germinate that well so they are on my list for dropping a few more seeds this week but I know I have at least three that came up the first time so you are covered.
Tim- checked and have all those you'd like so will be bringing them for you, no eggs please I've got 40 chickens of my own (plus ducks and geese)