Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

CHOPTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Cincinnati Heirloom Open Pollinated Tomato Associate Growers

Old April 25, 2014   #16
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

I sent Greta an e-mail to check on our venue for Sunday the 4th. Here is her reply. As for her question about food the answer is YES. Bring FOOD.

We should be good to go. There are tables which I will get plastic covering to place the participants plants. We will be using what is called the 4-H Kitchen outside area. There is a map on our website link and have the folks look for the Jr Fair Building. http://clintoncountyfair.org/directions/

I would suggest for everyone to bring their lawn chairs as I will not have access to these in this area. Do your folks bring food and drink to this event like the fall tasting?
Old April 27, 2014   #17
beatpoet
Tomatovillian™

Looking forward to it. Do we know if there will be a place to plug in a crock pot? Thinking of making spinach dip again but it needs to be heated.
Old May 1, 2014   #18
tootaloo
Tomatovillian™

Hello I will make it this year Yea Missed it the passed 2 years. Bringing my husband. Now to decide what to make. But not many extra tomato plants. I got good gernation on red petunias . So I had over 100. Plus others flowers. Trying to save money on annuals this year. Tonight I will post what i am bringing. The only repeat i see is hillbilly on some else list. I like big slicing tomatos. So if you have extra bring for me. I will bring flowers also.
Old May 1, 2014   #19
tootaloo
Tomatovillian™

Okay repot quite a few This the list of what I am bringing so far 3- monkey ★★★ 4 -kentucky stamper 3-tappy Heritage 2-striped students 3- super sioux 3 -henitz 2- hillbilly 2-morgage lifter 2- gurney girl II 2- matt wild cherry some cucumbers Then for food corn and cheddar polenta cheesecakes and monkey bread. I potted some sunflowers and dug some naked lady bulbs Okay later
Old May 4, 2014   #20
tootaloo
Tomatovillian™

Default Choptag thrill

Just got back from the CHOPTAG plant trade. Still excited about the white tomatoes in my care. I know they are just tomatoes. But the great people that care for them , make this group a highlight to the start of summer. Anybody in our area make an effort to come to the tasting. It is a unique hobby.
Old May 4, 2014   #21
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

My thanks to Greta for securing a great place for our Plant Swap.The weather was good.A little breezy but we had plenty of sunshine.There was plenty of food, GOOD FOOD.And of course plenty of tomato seedlings.Tim went crazy; brought 11 – YES – 11 flats of plants.This is the first year I got rid of more plants than I took.
Thanks to all that came.I’m already looking forward to the Taste Fest in August.
Old May 5, 2014   #22
beatpoet
Tomatovillian™

Thanks everyone for the plants, luckily I have a couple friends who need extras because I think I went a little overboard. Good to see everyone and enjoy some good food and gardening talk.