Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old January 20, 2016   #1
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Default Getting my web site back up

Due to health issues I took my seed web site down over a year ago. Things have finally evened out for the most part so I'm getting it back up.

For the last month or so I ran new germination tests on ALL my seeds. Over 500 tests. Last nite I got the first page up - A-C. (about 100 varieties) I hope to have another page up in a day or so and the whole thing up in about a week if I don't get too cross eyed from working on HTML code.

I now tell you what the germination rate on this latest test is and what year the seeds were grown for. I'm also offering bargain prices on lower germination and older seeds. I'm trying to keep it simple tho so I don't get too stressed out. While I will try to get orders out in less than a week, just so I don't get stressed about it, please try to allow at least 2 weeks before you really need the seeds.

Right now I plan on keeping the site up at least thru March or April. But when I need to do greenhouse and farm work, if I get too stressed about it all, I may take it down til the work load evens out.

Thanks everyone for your past support. I hope to again earn your confidence in my site and seeds.
Carol Knapp
http://knapps-fresh-vegies.netfirms.com/
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2016   #2
Rockandrollin
Tomatovillian™

I looked at your tomatoes. Only page one would come up. Page 3,4,5 would git a error message of page not found.
Edit: Sorry did't read all of your post before going to website.

Last edited by Rockandrollin; January 20, 2016 at 09:44 AM.
Rockandrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2016   #3
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

Carol, glad to hear you're feeling better these days. Good luck with all the website and farming this year!

Rockandrollin, I think that was the point Carol was making, only page 1 (A-C) is up, the others will be added as she has time over the coming week, hence the 404 messages for now.
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2016   #4
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Carol, glad to hear life is settling down a bit! I, for one, have missed having you as an available seed vendor. Take it slow and don't over do!
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2016   #5
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Good for you Carol. Congrats on getting your webpage back up. I will be ordering seeds soon.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2016   #6
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Carol just went to the site to buy some seeds and page 2-5 has a broken link so i can not see the varieties available beyond page 1.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2016   #7
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

I saw this on FB and commented there as well. So glad you are feeling better and I hope you have a great season with NO STRESS!
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2016   #8
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirloomtomaguy View Post
Carol just went to the site to buy some seeds and page 2-5 has a broken link so i can not see the varieties available beyond page 1.

As she mentioned above, page one is the only one she has up at this time.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2016   #9
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Page 2, D - I, is now up, about 100 more varieties. The individual variety pages won't be up til I get time to edit them after I get the whole list up.

Thank,
Carol
Old January 21, 2016   #10
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Glad to hear you are feeling better, Carol! You must have had a real spurt of energy to do that many germination tests! I hope your health continues to improve and you can have a good gardening and sales season.

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2016   #11
Jaymato
Tomatovillian™

Looking forward to placing an order as soon the next few pages of varieties are updated! Thanks!
Jaymato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2016   #12
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Page 3 J-P is now up on the site. 1 more big page or 2 small pages to go. Most likely not til next week tho. I have other things to do for a couple of days.

Things went a bit slower than expected this week. Ray had a bit of a health issue so I had to go with him for some Doctor visits and tests. So far they haven't found anything and he's usually quite fit so we hope it was nothing.

Carol
Old February 4, 2016   #13
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I finally have the whole list up on 4 pages. Aprox 450 varieties of tomatoes.

I will work on editing what individual variety pages I have next week. But you can buy anything right now.

For varieties I list as "few", I only have enough seeds for 10-15 packs at most so don't wait too long on some of them.

Thanks for considering my seeds,
Carol
Old March 3, 2016   #14
Bipetual
Tomatovillian™

Hey, Carol. I ordered a few packs of seeds from you - Big Cheef and Earl's Faux - and I must say I like having you so close by! I know there are times of year when you're busy and it will take longer, but WOW! I had them in a couple of days. Thanks, and good luck this year!
Bipetual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2018   #15
Greenhouse_Geo
Tomatovillian™

Wow, you grow 400 varieties of tomatoes? So all of the seeds on your site are grown by you? That's awesome. The kind of place I like to buy seeds from.. Someone who has first hand knowledge.
Greenhouse_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote