Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old October 11, 2016   #1
dannyogolo
Tomatovillian™

Default Eastern European Online Seed Shop

I want to buy some COMMERCIAL greenhouse and Open Field varieties. I was advised that I can only get small quantities (100-500) from European online shops. Romania was mentioned and also Netherlands.
My interests are mainly Beefsteak Tomatoes

Any advice on what sites?
dannyogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14, 2016   #2
Fritz77
Tomatovillian™

Hey there,

you can try tomatoeden.com. It's a Polish site and they have over 300 varieties of tomatoes. I've never purchased their seeds, but I might in the future.

Hope you can find what you're looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyogolo View Post
I want to buy some COMMERCIAL greenhouse and Open Field varieties. I was advised that I can only get small quantities (100-500) from European online shops. Romania was mentioned and also Netherlands.

Fritz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14, 2016   #3
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

My first question is how many seeds for each variety and if your 100-500 is correct, there are many places, even here in the US that ship internationally and have lots of choices.?

Second question is,when speaking of beefsteaks are you talking about hybrids or open pollinated and if the latter would it be family ones,or ones that have been bred? And ones grown for greenhousee are totally different.

In other words,what is your market? To whom would you be selling fruits?

There are several companies in the Netherlands that breed tomatoes, mainly F1 hybrids,but I don 't think that any of them sell directly

Carolyn
Old April 6, 2017   #4
dannyogolo
Tomatovillian™

I am back here again.
Like i stated, I am searching for COMMERCIAL VARIETIES. That should be Hybrids I suppose.

I have researched and got varieties I like in www.morami.ro and http://depozituldeseminte.ro both in Romania.
But the problem I have is that they dont ship outside of Romania.

Does any member know of a forwarding shipping agency that i can ship to and they forward to me?

Thanks
Old April 6, 2017   #5
wildcat62
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz77 View Post
Hey there,

you can try tomatoeden.com. It's a Polish site and they have over 300 varieties of tomatoes. I've never purchased their seeds, but I might in the future.

Hope you can find what you're looking for.
I had good luck with tomatoeden.com this year. Generous with their seeds and great germination rate.
wildcat62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30, 2017   #6
robertamell
Tomatovillian™

I am in Italy and you can visit my site. www.antichevarieta.it

we do not do much in large quantities though as we are a small farm..but i might be able to help you.
robertamell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30, 2017   #7
zipcode
Tomatovillian™

Poland, Romania and to some degree Hungary, Croatia, Ukraine, etc have many F1s in somewhat bulk quantities. I don't think any of them have default international shipping.
You would have to ask them personally and strike a deal. The fact that you are in Nigeria is a huge problem. I sell occasionally on ebay and I never saw anyone having Nigeria in shipping options, it's just full of scammers. I doubt there are any proxies, who would normally want to buy from there? (hint: not many)

Quote:
here are many places, even here in the US that ship internationally and have lots of choices.?
Not nearly as many, and at much much bigger prices (mostly because only the expensive ones are available).

Edit: just noticed this is a resurrected thread.
zipcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30, 2017   #8
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

I've found all the tomato F1s Danny would like me to get from our commercial seeds distributor for him and then he has lost. Strange guy.

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Andrey_BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1, 2017   #9
dannyogolo
Tomatovillian™

Andrey and others,
I didnt disappear. I got some of them from Romania with the help of another person, and I wrote it on the other thread.
There are still 2 F1s I will get exclusively from Belarus, but will be when we get new sets of Greenhouse.
Still have you on my Skype
Old September 1, 2017   #10
Jayc
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertamell View Post
I am in Italy and you can visit my site. www.antichevarieta.it

we do not do much in large quantities though as we are a small farm..but i might be able to help you.
Do you not take your own pictures, you have one of my photos of Black Boar on your web site?!
Jayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25, 2017   #11
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Danny,
no problem at all. You could just went back to me and wrote me about this. But you were silent for months.

Quote:
Andrey and others,
I didnt disappear. I got some of them from Romania with the help of another person, and I wrote it on the other thread.
There are still 2 F1s I will get exclusively from Belarus, but will be when we get new sets of Greenhouse.
Still have you on my Skype

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Andrey_BY is offline   Reply With Quote