Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old November 22, 2012   #151
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

Well i can tell you that many shots on their website are not the right colors. and nasty shots. This were not stock shots which design guy buy sometimes. I have some stock shots and others photographer, we sell in for years.I have design friends who buy shots to used for over 20 years, This shots on there website are not ones to buy.
http://www.istockphoto.com/search/te.../basic#fdda9b5,

Last edited by FILMNET; November 23, 2012 at 03:44 PM.
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2012   #152
kurt
Tomatovillian™

http://bibliolabs.com/bibliolabs-wp/...ght-policy.pdf This is a direct lint to S Carolina authority if any "infringed" persons are willing.
Old November 28, 2012   #153
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Default Just how do you define "Borrow"

Today, I received an email from the Myrtle Beach BBB. Here below is the answer I received. Read it yourself.

https://myrtlebeach.app.bbb.org/comp...31338/c/36ex3v

I replied that I would not accept this answer and provided the following additional information.

The BBB asked me whether or not I accepted the answer. Here (verbatim) is the answer I gave.

================================================== ==

To accept this answer (which Joe sent to others on the Tomatoville website) would be to deny that a crime was committed. My analogy of this would be like condoning a robber to continue robbing a bank until the robber decides to quit "borrowing" money from the bank??? My definition of "Borrow" includes asking the owner for permission first.

There is no legitimate reason for delay in removing the picture. I'm a retired computer programmer with an IT degree. The picture can be removed in a few minutes. Meanwhile, money is being made from that picture and that money is not coming to me.

Here's a copy of the Email enchange that was done in the few days after the complaint was filed and Pepper Joe received the notice.
And, for Joe, this is "exactly" verbatim.
=================================================

-----Original Message-----
To: tedmaiden <tedmaiden@aol.com>
Sent: Mon, Nov 19, 2012 3:54 pm
Subject: Muddy Bucket Farm...

Where on the internet is Muddy Bucket Farm.

It doesn't show up in Google and we're trying to secure more information on it.

Fiery Regards,
Pepper Joe
http://www.pepperjoe.com

=========================================

Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 5:43 PM

To: pepperjoe@sc.rr.com
Subject: Re: Muddy Bucket Farm...

Well, I guess Penny is busy. Pepper Joe, how are you??? Given the online association between you and Penny's Tomatoes, I get the feeling of "obvious" reasons you are asking. Let me say up front. Right now, I have no problem with you and your website, although I have not looked at your website in detail. My only problem is with Penny's Tomatoes. But, the fact that you are asking about "Muddy Bucket Farm" has raised my curiosity. Why would "Pepper Joe's" ask such a question????

Is it because you,too, wish to steal pictures and violate my copyrights as your associate, Penny has done? I think not. I don't think I have put many pepper photos out there. Maybe Penny has asked you to??? Possibly. I'll let both of you know that I have received no answer from Penny and that makes my think you intend to ignore my rights and hope that I will not pursue my legal rights. Well, I am currently negotiating with a South Carolina attorney in the Myrtle Beach area to pursue litigation against the owner of Penny's Tomatoes for theft of intellectual property. If you're complicit in that violation of my intellectual property, then I would offer advice that you re-evaluate your association with Penny's Tomatoes. Currently, your advertising shows a close association, even though your business addresses are different.

I don't want a fight. But I'll not shy away from one when I've been "robbed". I would suggest that you tell your friend or associate that there is a simple solution to this situation. She must remove my property from her website promptly. If that removel is done prompty, and not repeated, I will drop the charges that I intend to file against her. I am a man of principle. I will see this thru, one way or another.

BTW, keep looking. Muddy Bucket Farm is out there. You just have to find it.

Ted

================================================

Ted,

You are obviously doing a poor job of marketing, because I can't find any information on Muddy Farms anywhere. It's as though your company doesn't exist. The only thing that comes up when we've Googled it is your close affiliation with Tatania's Tomatoes. Conflict of interest here??? Your close affiliation with her suggest so?? Hmmmmm....

Tatania is a very jealous competitor with the worlds most boring website...but we did reach out and offer to help her make it more exciting and lively. I think we can help her. Have her contact us.

I am also a principle in Penny's tomatoes along with Penny.
We have a 24 year fantastic reputation to protect...and we will defend it.

I've answered the BBB issue today...although the path you chose to address this issue is incorrect.

All you had to do was email us and we would have removed said picture...and WE WILL remove it shortly as I've explained in the extensive answer that we gave Barbara at the BBB.

Barbara is great and very sympathetic to our company considering that in 24 years the BBB has NEVER had a complaint on us.

TomatoVille has cut us off from, and blocked us from, giving a fair and deserved response there.

Just like they did to the ★★★★★★★★, the Tomato Head fellow that did the YouTube video with 32,926 views and many others that have reached out and complained to us and are interested in filing a Class Action lawsuit against Tomatoville. When I key in Tomatoville website to respond to your issue, I'm directed to a dog neutering site....??? Miska's sick sense of humor? And the well know TomatoHead of the YouTube fame is directed to a Home stitching site?

This is FUNNY after our reputations have been slandered and defamed??

We're NOT the least bit amused.

This is totally unfair and a miscarriage of justice.
I highly recommend that you post our ENTIRE response in TomatoVille to the Better Business Bureau...NOT edited at all...to give us the same opportunity to respond to your claim as you did when you publicly ripped our company apart publicly.

Be VERY careful how you use the term "Steal" which a few you people at TomatoVille are so quick to do. There are MANY people not happy with their heavy handed tactics....

There are MANY great people on TomatoVille...we have many customers there.

We've received a lot of supportive emails from TomatoVille members.
But the FEW elitist that slander and insult companies like ours with outstanding reputations and long term reputations is indeed improper and unjust. It's so easy to do that sitting behind a computer.

I cannot respond publicly to this allegation as we've been banned from the TomatoVille site like so many others have been...which our legal team advises us is illegal to slander and defame a company without giving them a fair chance to at least respond.

If you do post our response from the BBB as I highly recommend that you do...to prove a fair sense of our responding fully to your allegations...DO NOT edit out in any way...or it will be US that pursue YOU legally for defamation of character to our business and slander and calling us liars and cheaters.
Not only are we highly insulted by this, but our 46,000 Facebook Fans, 21,000 Newsletter subscribers and Tens of Thousands of satisfied customers just may take exception with you and Tomatoville as well.

If you'd like, I'll direct them to TomatoVille (and to your personal email address) to give us some objective input as to this matter and our companies long term reputation?

Great Gardening,

Penny & Joe

http://www.pennystomatoes.com

p.s you have my permission to copy this to the Tomatoville website along with our BBB response.

BUT take heed...ONLY if you do so in it's entirety without editing like we've had done at that website.

Fiery Regards,
Pepper Joe
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2012   #154
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

I just checked and my picture is still up on the site.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2012   #155
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

I don't get it actually. This whole fight seems pointless. Get a camera, take a picture, replace the "borrowed" picture with one you took yourself and be done with it. Why would either side have to fight? I would take a picture myself and email it to them just to end the issue, if I had the tomato in question. Nearly every cell phone now a days has a camera good enough for taking a picture of a tomato for a website like Penny's. Seems likely Penny actually just hired someone to do her website for her, and the person she hired cut corners by downloading pics off the net. Probably used Google pics.

The whole thing seems ridiculous.

Maybe instead of demanding she take down the photos, just demand she pay you 10% of every sale from that variety?Offer her even more pics so you can get 10% of everything she sells! This way I am sure she would change the pic fast!

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2012   #156
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

I don't know if they have changed their methods for ratings since the story aired, but if they haven't, the BBB might not be the best way to resolve issues -- http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/busine...ry?id=12123843
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2012   #157
Fusion_power
Tomatovillian™

Either they should remove your pic from their website or else they should ask permission and pay for use. No court will side with them if it gets that far.

DarJones
Fusion_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2012   #158
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

Ted here is the Metadada from the large file, possibly the file from your camera. This is from Photoshop and here is the copywriter which photographer use? We have are names here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 10.jpg (188.2 KB, 175 views)
Old November 28, 2012   #159
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

Default new files

here is the files Ted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 11.jpg (221.8 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 12.jpg (179.3 KB, 158 views)
Old November 28, 2012   #160
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Removed my post, as I was re-reading it and found it not being helpful in resolving the problem. I think I got tripped over my own rakes. Darn, I did it again!

My apologies to everybody for putting more fuel into the flames. So I better go back to my cave and meditate a bit more -

Breathing in - "heirloom"
Breathing out - "tomatoes"
Repeat for 10 minutes minimum or for as long as you need. Feeling the difference?

Tatiana

Tatiana's TOMATObase

Last edited by Tania; November 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2012   #161
dustdevil
Tomatovillian™

In this day and age we live in, ALL photos should be watermarked.

Time to visit a lawyer who will draw up a letter saying that a lawsuit will be filed if the copyrighted photos aren't removed. Trying to reason with these @rses is getting you nowhere...
dustdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2012   #162
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Tania - I hope something wonderful and rewarding happens to you, today!
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2012   #163
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

ALL photos should be watermarked.

That's what I've been doing off and on lately. I have over 2 years of pics that need editing and watermarking.

It's not really hard, just a bit time consuming.

I use the program Paint Shop Pro v. 9.0 (older) but I'm sure other programs like The Gimp would do it too. Give me a PM if you need some info on how to get started.

Here are a couple of pics with my watermarks as examples.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cf-done-wm.jpg (61.0 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg aussie1-wm.jpg (84.8 KB, 192 views)
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2012   #164
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Is there a particular reason that pepper joes must know where Muddy Bucket Farm is at on the web? What does that have to do with removing the picture that is being used without permission? What am I missing? I don't do a great job at "reading into" innuendo. I need things in "black and white" tell me exactly what you want me to know, kind of person, not inference or "you know what I mean" NO! tell me exactly so I don't mess it up. This whole issue boggles my feeble little brain.
Old November 28, 2012   #165
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

Boy if Ted had put his name in this file like i post here in Photoshop? They would be really bad people
Here is a Hospital i worked for 15 yrs , this women who shot now have a copyrighted on her shots.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 5.png (241.9 KB, 195 views)

Last edited by FILMNET; November 28, 2012 at 06:02 PM.

Tags
carolina reaper , deceitful , dishonest , joe arditi , lies , opinions , penny mohney , penny's tomatoes , pepper joe's , photo theft , reviews , untrustworthy