Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 2, 2017   #16
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb_FL View Post
Do you have a picture with the zip ties?

The compactor bags are thick as well, but I spent $ on the clips too.

This year I partially filled some of the EB waiting for my plants to get bigger but put the real EB covers on them. The was no loaf; not even flat. It rained a lot and the EB covers kept all the rain out even with the rain pooling on top.

----
OTOH - I want to give a huge plug for the HUSKY CLEAR bags for solarizing the mix in the off season. This year, I dumped all but 4 of my EBs. We were out of town when the hurricane came through and even though the EB tipped over in the storm, the bags stayed intact. I still have 2 of the EB waiting to be reused. The hurricane/possible tornado ripped our complete solar panel system off the roof, but the $1 per bag held up just fine.
No pics, just make the bag big enough to hang over the edge almost all the way to the ground. Then zip tie the re-useable zip ties together so it will fit around the EB, then cinch it tight with the bag against the bottom edge of the EB.

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote