Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old February 24, 2022   #1
hovermother22
Tomatovillian™

Default seed sources

Delectationoftomatoes.com, has anybody purchased seeds from this small company recently? I like to support small businesses, and Dale (the owner) seems extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic.
hovermother22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2022   #2
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

One of the very best...highest recommendations.
Old February 24, 2022   #3
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

I found Irish Pink Heirloom Tomatoes from this small company too; who learned from Dr. Carolina as well. https://heritageseedmarket.com/index.php/contact/

These Irish Pink Heirloom Tomatoes will be grown if the late Dr. Carolina seeds do not germinate because of their age.

They are from my Aunt in South Carolina on the Irish side of my family. She is almost 90 years old, and do not believe my Other Great Grandfather was an Irish Immigrant. So I am Growing these Irish Tomatoes for her. I will check out this New Company to see if they have any other Irish Vegetables or Tomatoes. I was thinking the Isis Candy Cherry Tomatoes were from Ireland but were named after a Female Egyptian God's. Well, Maybe she was Sweet and Beautiful like these delicious Beautiful Cherry Heirloom Tomatoes. I think the Late Dr. Carolyn must have given me the Irish Pink Tomatoes Seeds, but I cannot find them. At less I have them coming from 2 different vendors to make sure they are the same Amen!!! I heard that Leeks are an Irish vegetable! If so, I hope they have some. Maybe one day we small farmers can work together.

Farmer Joyce Beggs
Angel Field Heirloom Tomatoes
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2022   #4
DK2021
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovermother22 View Post
Delectationoftomatoes.com, has anybody purchased seeds from this small company recently? I like to support small businesses, and Dale (the owner) seems extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic.
Wonderful source of seed. I have no idea how one person is able to produce seed beautifully packaged with detailed labelling for hundreds of varieties.
DK2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2022   #5
Dark Rumor
Tomatovillian™

Got my order from Dale a couple of weeks ago, always quick service, highly recommend.
Dark Rumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2022   #6
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJustice View Post
I found Irish Pink Heirloom Tomatoes from this small company too; who learned from Dr. Carolyn as well. https://heritageseedmarket.com/index.php/contact/

These Irish Pink Heirloom Tomatoes will be grown if the Late Dr. Carolyn seeds do not germinate because of their age.

They are from my Aunt in South Carolina on the Irish side of my family. She is almost 90 years old, and do not believe my Other Great Grandfather was an Irish Immigrant. So I am Growing these Irish Tomatoes for her. I will check out this New Company to see if they have any other Irish Vegetables or Tomatoes. I was thinking the Isis Candy Cherry Tomatoes were from Ireland but were named after a Female Egyptian God's. Well, Maybe she was Sweet and Beautiful like these delicious Beautiful Cherry Heirloom Tomatoes. I think the Late Dr. Carolyn must have given me the Irish Pink Tomatoes Seeds, but I cannot find them. At less I have them coming from 2 different vendors to make sure they are the same Amen!!! I heard that Leeks are an Irish vegetable! If so, I hope they have some. Maybe one day we small farmers can work together.

Farmer Joyce Beggs
Angel Field Heirloom Tomatoes

How do I contact Dale to see if he had Irish Fruits & Vegetable Seeds? I will try again, Amen!

Last edited by MrsJustice; March 1, 2022 at 07:57 PM.
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2022   #7
hl2601
Tomatovillian™

I couldn't give a higher recommendation for Dale. He is a one man show with vast knowledge and a huge seed collection. Service is great and he will answer questions if you have them. Big thumbs up for Delectation of Tomatoes and Dale!
hl2601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2022   #8
eyolf
Tomatovillian™

I made a fairly extensive order this year. I'm not commercial by any means, but a few neighbors depend on me for seedlings...and a couple of them have been bitten by the bug.

Delectation had everything I don't already maintain.

One variety...my Stepfather's father's favorite from the 1940's and '50's didn't germinate at all. I emailed as a courtesy...maybe want to delete it from the listings until grow-out/fresh seed is available.

Very kind response. For a couple bucks, I'm not worried about replacement...and DID get a freebie pack with my order. It was nice just to carry on a conversation with a real person.

I will definitely be back.

Sent from my motorola edge using Tapatalk
Old July 2, 2022   #9
agee12
Tomatovillian™

Free Shipping for the Fourth!
https://www.botanicalinterests.com

agee12 is offline   Reply With Quote