Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

A garden is only as good as the ground that it's planted in. Discussion forum for the many ways to improve the soil where we plant our gardens.

Old September 2, 2014   #46
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

As far as notill,I think I'll just use my digging fork in the spring to turn things under and keep a thick layer of mulch during the growing season and repeat what I just did this weekend I have some huge earthworms and the fork does not harm them.There is alot of organic matter in my soil,we need a normal growing season, each year brings new hope.I too heard that we are in for a harsh winter.
cjp1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2, 2014   #47
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkeiper View Post
I didn't mean to imply I had manure. I get it from the local stables ( that is where you need to get it, too) and my sister brings it to me, too. But, rabbits really are easy keepers, just keep them sheltered (no wind for them) and water and feed daily. I don't really do anything to them... I don't hold them, pet them, let them out and run around... not near my garden! I keep them for the poop, that is it, not because I love bunnies! for me it is another chore.
I seen that after I posted from my nook,my eye site is not what it used to be.I don't need another chore that's for sure.But thanks for the rabbit offer,it was very kind of you.
cjp1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2014   #48
Tracydr
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjp1953 View Post
So adding lime this fall when I plant my cover crop to lower the PH?
No. Sulphur is what you need.
Tracydr is offline   Reply With Quote