Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old May 2, 2012   #1
chilipepper
Tomatovillian™

Default Chilipeppers In and Out - 'Tainers

After reading here and watching all of the amazing progress some of you are making, I decided to start some tomatoes in my office. Armed with two of Raybo's InnTainers and the smaller 3' wire rack with wheels, I added the starter plants about 5 weeks ago. I was planning on wheeling the 'tainers into the entry way of my office where it is very warm and direct south facing sun. Well before too long they were taking up way too much room and blocked too much of the entry way. Fortunately here in ND we have had an extremely mild winter and spring so they have been out on the walk when I'm at work and then supplemented with HPS lighting after I leave work and on the weekends.

Here are some progress pictures from today. They are both determinate bush tomatoes. One InnTainer is bush beefsteak and the other is Baxter's Bush Cherry. These were the only seed I could find locally with my extremely compulsive obsession to try and have ripe tomatoes in May in ND! With any luck.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7415.jpg (74.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7421.jpg (60.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7422.jpg (82.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7426.jpg (44.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7428.jpg (47.7 KB, 32 views)
chilipepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2012   #2
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Very nice! Good job.