Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Historical background information for varieties handed down from bygone days.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 22, 2014   #1
Salsacharley
Tomatovillian™

Default Texas Pink

The manager of a local growers market where I am a vendor was raving about a wonderful tomato another vendor had "developed", and had named "Atrisco Pink". I was curious, so I went over and bought a couple of the Atrisco Pink tomatoes from the vendor.

I took the tomatoes home and took pictures and tasted them. WOW! What a magnificent tomato!

I was compelled to find out more about how this tomato was developed, so this week I inquired of the vendor how he had developed the Atrisco Pink.

The bottom line is that he didn't develop the tomato. He got the seeds from an elderly woman who told him it was called Texas Pink. The vendor decided to name the tomato Atrisco Pink because his farm is in the Atrisco area of Albuquerque's south valley. So much for the thought of a marvelous new tomato....however, I must say that this tomato is marvelous, and its heritage evidently is classic heirloom, from what I can gather. I don't know why it isn't more discussed because it is wonderful in appearance and taste.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tomato Atrisco Pink 001.jpg (442.1 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg Tomato Atrisco Pink 002.jpg (451.8 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg Tomato Atrisco Pink 003.jpg (444.0 KB, 234 views)
Salsacharley is offline   Reply With Quote