Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old December 10, 2009   #16
austinnhanasmom
Tomatovillian™

For sure we should trade Remy!!

I am waiting for a few orders and trades to arrive. I'll contact you (after the holidays) and have an updated list.

THANKS
austinnhanasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2009   #17
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Barbee,
Yes, I caught the email address on the order! Otherwise I would of never known. I didn't realize you loved flower gardening too. Thanks for the order.

Austinnhanasmom,
After the holidays is good, much calmer then.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2009   #18
Blueaussi
Tomatovillian™

Just got my order from remy, what great service!
Blueaussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2009   #19
remy

Blue,
Thanks! I had no clue you sent in a order. I would of threw in Korean Dark Green for you!
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Old December 11, 2009   #20
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the quick service, Remy! My package came just 7 days after ordering. I'll enjoy trying the bonus freebie Grosse Cotelee, sounds like a good one!

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11, 2009   #21
remy

DDsack,
I'm glad you liked the freebie. I try to play match the freebie to the order sort of like a psychic seed bonus.
Thanks for the order,
Remy

Old December 11, 2009   #22
Blueaussi
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by remy View Post
Blue,
Thanks! I had no clue you sent in a order. I would of threw in Korean Dark Green for you!
Remy
I have more than one email address and use the main one for my account when I use my credit card for consistency. The bonus seeds are of a variety I've never heard of, so it will still be fun. I'm just sorry you were out of the Figleaf Hollyhock, I'd like to give that a try. I ordered more flowers than anything else. You have a really nice selection.
Blueaussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2009   #23
k3vin
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Remy! Great service, and carefully packaged seeds. I received seeds 4 days after ordering Thanks also for the Eckert Polish bonus seeds!

Kevin
k3vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2009   #24
remy

Blue,
You ordered flowers! I've been getting a lot of flower orders unrelated to this site so I would of never known. Great that I sent you a variety you never heard of. I know you aren't growing it. I'm glad you like the selection. You're not the only one disappointed that I'm out of the fig leaf hollyhock. I started selling those earlier in the year and ran out. I was really surprised. It is sometimes hard to guess what will sell. They are a great variety though. I'll have them again next year.

Kevin,
You're welcome.
Remy

Old December 12, 2009   #25
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Remy,

I just came across this thread and checked out your seed adventure - what an awesome website! Excellent selection, beautiful pictures and very professional writeups.

Outstanding job!
Tania

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2009   #26
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Remi,

I see your Eckert Polish is also a beefsteak (same as mine) - what was your seed source?

I have seen this variety described as 'oblong' (but have not seen any pictures with different shapes), and I was always wondering which really is the 'true' one.

The beefsteak version has a very good taste, I agree!

Tania

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Old December 13, 2009   #27
remy

Hi Tania,
Thanks so much! It is a complete 180 from your site, but that is a good thing. Your site is like an encyclopedia which is great! I refer to it often.
My Eckert Polish originally came from DeerPark a few years ago. It is confusing for growers. I've found, as you know, that there are a few tomatoes like this that are named the same but definitely different depending on the source.
Remy

Old December 13, 2009   #28
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by remy View Post
Hi Tania,
Thanks so much! It is a complete 180 from your site, but that is a good thing. Your site is like an encyclopedia which is great! I refer to it often.
My Eckert Polish originally came from DeerPark a few years ago. It is confusing for growers. I've found, as you know, that there are a few tomatoes like this that are named the same but definitely different depending on the source.
Remy
Remy,

DeerPark is the one who described it as oblong back in 2007. Hmmm. Perhaps it was a mistake in description...

My seeds came from two different sources, one of which was Jennifer from Ontario (and I think she got the seeds from Carolyn, but cannot be 100% sure) - both grew identical and produced the beefsteak type of fruit.

Tania

P.S. I am inclined to think that the 'real' thing is the beefsteak

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Old December 13, 2009   #29
ruet
Tomatovillian™

Hi Remy,
I noticed on the site you mentioned that Sunflowers (and perhaps other goodies) will be made available some time this winter. Could you narrow that down a bit? December? January?

Also you said "If anyone wants something else, please let me know soon!"
Maybe I'm too late for "soon", but I'd buy at least one of each of the following:
White Sensation Cosmos "Purity" — Reputed to be more attractive to beneficial predators than your average Cosmos
Annual Sunflower "Lemon Queen" — The one they're using for the great sunflower bee project, seems to provide blooms all season with plenty of pollen, (messy yes, but a feast for bees)
Also Eva Purple Ball, and Big Beef F1 — need no introduction

I plan on buying Druzba and Sungold from you, but if I can get all the seeds I want for next year in one go, so much the better.

Love the idea by the way. I'm gardening on a small rooftop space as are all my friends... really can't make use of 40 seeds per pack.
ruet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2009   #30
remy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruet View Post
Hi Remy,
I noticed on the site you mentioned that Sunflowers (and perhaps other goodies) will be made available some time this winter. Could you narrow that down a bit? December? January?

Also you said "If anyone wants something else, please let me know soon!"
Maybe I'm too late for "soon", but I'd buy at least one of each of the following:
White Sensation Cosmos "Purity" — Reputed to be more attractive to beneficial predators than your average Cosmos
Annual Sunflower "Lemon Queen" — The one they're using for the great sunflower bee project, seems to provide blooms all season with plenty of pollen, (messy yes, but a feast for bees)
Also Eva Purple Ball, and Big Beef F1 — need no introduction

I plan on buying Druzba and Sungold from you, but if I can get all the seeds I want for next year in one go, so much the better.

Love the idea by the way. I'm gardening on a small rooftop space as are all my friends... really can't make use of 40 seeds per pack.
Hi Ruet,
I answered you on the site, but I may as well answer here too. I'm glad to get the input. It makes it easier to decide. I do plan on having all the sunflowers and other annuals listed in January(crossing fingers that I don't curse myself.) Lemon Queen was one of the sunflowers I'm planning on having. I can get 'Purity' Cosmos which is the white sensation variety. I can also get the hybrid Big Beef. I'm not sure about Eva Purple Ball, but I will try.

Tania,
Very interesting about the description from him. I don't think I ever got one. The beefsteak is so good I would think it is the real version too.
Remy