Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion for successfully cultivating potatoes, the world's fourth largest crop.

Old August 3, 2011   #1
sballtx
Tomatovillian™

Default I need seed potatoes!

I cannot find them here locally right now. I looked online at one place (I believe it was Ronniger's Potato Farm, which is now under a different name I cannot recall at the moment) and they were sold out of everything.

I really want to grow potatoes. Please don't tell me I will have to wait until spring. That will just break my heart. LOL

Thank you.
Stacie
sballtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3, 2011   #2
Keiththibodeaux
Tomatovillian™

It is still early to plant potatoes this far south. Check the local feed and seed stores to see when they will get them in. I am betting around the end of the month, if not sooner.
Keiththibodeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13, 2011   #3
Keiththibodeaux
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiththibodeaux View Post
It is still early to plant potatoes this far south. Check the local feed and seed stores to see when they will get them in. I am betting around the end of the month, if not sooner.
After I posted this, I also ran into issues finding seed potatoes for the fall. Normally, I would have some left over from the spring for fall planting, but we had a bad drought this year. Anyway, I was at the Farmer's Market yesterday morning and low and behold, one of the vendors was sorting out the small ones from his baskets. I asked if I could buy them, and whalla, I have my fall tomatoes. So the moral of the story, haha, is check the farmer's markets in your area.
Keiththibodeaux is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
potato , potatoes