Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Forum area for discussing hybridizing tomatoes in technical terms and information pertinent to trait/variety specific long-term (1+ years) growout projects.

Old 1 Day Ago   #796
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

My first tundra tomato, I really wanted to try this tomato. Perhaps it is from a fused flower, all the other tomatoes that are in the unripe plant have a heart shape, it is a very productive plant and very tolerant to diseases, the first tomato ripe at 95 days.
It is a delight of flavor, really incredible, I will return to my garden without a doubt.
Karen thank you very much
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200710_130309.jpg (83.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200710_130537.jpg (171.6 KB, 36 views)

Nico.
NicolasGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #797
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

I'm growing Tundra this year. The first fruit is a massive fused blossom. I think the size of it may have retarded additional fruit set. But recently, other fruits have set and are starting to grow in size, once they are larger I can verify shape. The plant is definitely wispy, but overall very healthy with those big PL. Both it and it's neighbor, KBX, are very healthy, I've had to trim very few leaves off--seemingly good resistance to early blight and septoria. I've had a couple leaves with a touches of gray mold I've snipped recently through our very hot and humid weather stretch. I'm looking forward to flavor later in the summer!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BFB2B773-2EA7-4607-BFA7-6ECE6068F12F.jpg (246.2 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by jmsieglaff; 1 Day Ago at 09:51 AM.
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #798
Yak54
Tomatovillian™

Default Tundra

My Tundra plant is doing pretty well. Maybe have a ripe one in a few more weeks

Last edited by Yak54; 1 Day Ago at 03:01 PM.
Yak54 is offline   Reply With Quote