Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old May 31, 2018   #1
Goodloe
Tomatovillian™

Default I love this time of the year!

20180522_170123.jpg

20180530_172750.jpgGet home from work, pop a cold one, and me and the old cat head out to the Tomato Patch. She supervises while I prune and tie and weed, and talk with my plants. An hour or so later, I'm all sweaty and my fingers are green, and I smell like tomatoes. It's time well spent!![ATTACH]20180530_172750.jpg[/ATTACH]

~Jon~ Downheah, Mississippi
Goodloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018   #2
oakley
Tomatovillian™

Time well spent! Long days, home before sunset.
Your toms look great
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018   #3
Koala Doug
Tomatovillian™

That kitty seems happy!
Koala Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #4
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Cats make the best supervisors! They observe acutely but don't generally interfere with the work flow. Looks like your cat has trained you well, your plants look beautiful!

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #5
Goodloe
Tomatovillian™

Thank y'all! So far, so good with my tomatoes; fingers crossed for a successful rest of the season! My old cat, Roxie, is a peach! She's a sweet old girl who just recently celebrated her 18th birthday!

Old June 1, 2018   #6
Johnniemar
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodloe View Post
Thank y'all! So far, so good with my tomatoes; fingers crossed for a successful rest of the season! My old cat, Roxie, is a peach! She's a sweet old girl who just recently celebrated her 18th birthday!
WOW, 18 that is wonderful.
Johnniemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2, 2018   #7
rocketFOOD
Tomatovillian™

I was thinking this same thing tonight while washing all the green off my hands. Love it when the tomatoes and everything in the garden seems to grow a foot every day
rocketFOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2, 2018   #8
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

Goodloe, it looks like things are growing well in your life. We just got a rescue kitten 3 days ago after being locked without food or water for about 5 days. She looks just like Roxie with a touch more white on the paws. I am guessing she is about 3-4 months old and she is doing well. She
Goes to the vet Monday for a checkup. We named her Sadie.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2, 2018   #9
Goodloe
Tomatovillian™

Wow! That's great! Roxie was also a rescue kitty...she was about 5-6 months old when we got her at a county rabies clinic in early 2000. It gets better...my (current) wife had a cat named Sadie that passed away last year. She was about 15 yrs old... I hope y'all have many happy years with your new kitty!

Old June 2, 2018   #10
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodloe View Post
Wow! That's great! Roxie was also a rescue kitty...she was about 5-6 months old when we got her at a county rabies clinic in early 2000. It gets better...my (current) wife had a cat named Sadie that passed away last year. She was about 15 yrs old... I hope y'all have many happy years with your new kitty!
That's cool. We are more dog people than cats, but Sadie is fitting into the family nicely and she will be given much love and care in our home. Sadie is very loving and laid back for a young cat.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3, 2018   #11
Johnniemar
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
That's cool. We are more dog people than cats, but Sadie is fitting into the family nicely and she will be given much love and care in our home. Sadie is very loving and laid back for a young cat.
That is great. We adopted two cats at our local shelter last year, Tasmania and Canvas. We renamed Canvas to Candi. Canvas just did not seem like a good name for her. They were 4 and 5 at the time. They are both wonderful pets full of love and fit into our family just great.

Johnniemar is offline   Reply With Quote