Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 6, 2018   #1
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Default Containers Growing ?

I really didn't come up with a good title, but this is the thread that I am going to use for asking questions and showing results - being if they're good, bad, or ugly.

As many of you know, this is my first year of seriously growing in containers. There are 10 five gallon buckets. Seven of the buckets will have Pro Mix and will be watered/fertilized with the MasterBlend/PowerGrow kit. I had originally planned on only those 7 buckets, but yesterday, I found a deal on Nature's Care potting mix. Three big bags for $15.75 total. Why not give it a try too, and 10 buckets fits the area better aesthetically.

My first question is about spacing. Most of what I'm growing are big plant sized cherry tomato varieties like Sungold, Ambrosia Orange UBX, Porter, etc... What you see in the pictures is spaced 4' apart. What do you think - too close - too far apart? The spacing does look good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HNI_0054.JPG (50.6 KB, 931 views)
File Type: jpg HNI_0055.JPG (53.8 KB, 921 views)
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote