Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old March 1, 2009   #1
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Default A Really Useful Tool for Container Gardening - $11.19 (pics)

At the end of the season when I want to empty the old water contained in the water reservoir, it was a real pain to try to lift the SWC container over and drain out this water. I have found a really innovative battery operated product by Sierra Tools that evacuates the water in just minutes:

The unit has a 16" input tube, and a flexible outlet pipe for draining:

You simply insert it down the filler tube, hit the "ON" button, and watch the old water flow out. It takes about 4 minutes to empty each 'Tainer:

I plan to evacuate the old water mid-way through the growing season in an effort to provide the tomato plants in the 'Tainers with a refreshed water environment.

For $11.19 plus shipping, this is one sweet product. Do a search on Amazon.com for "liquid transfer pump", and select Potter's Gifts as the vendor.

Ray
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2009   #2
ricklynchcore
Tomatovillian™

Default I think this is a great idea

Thanks for the hint on this. I am going over to Amazon to buy one.

Rick
ricklynchcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2009   #3
pbud
Tomatovillian™

How about siphoning with a plain plastic tube? Besides a little brackish mouthwash seems like it would work fine.
pbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2009   #4
Polar_Lace
Tomatovillian™

Liquid Transfer Pump - also available where most fish supplies are sold. Including most WM's.

~* Robin