Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating melons, cucumbers, squash, pumpkins and gourds.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 16, 2018   #1
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

Default Tasty Green cucumbers

Anyone grow this variety?I ran out of room in my garden,so I'm growing them in a 6 gallon bucket.I was given 4 buckets by my brother-in-law who makes home made wine.Grape juice was in the buckets.First time trying this.I have a tomato cage in the bucket but may need something different.I might make a larger cage out of some wire fence with 4 inch square holes that I use when planting them in past years in 6 foot wide mounds.I planted 4 seeds and all came up.Will thin down to 2 plants. They are in a white bucket and the weather is hot,it's going to be in the 90's the next few days the seedlings are 4 days old,I have been giving them a half gallon of watered down black coffee(no sugar) leftover each morning after it cooled down mixed with cool water.Seems to be working well.Will be giving them a tea made from alfalfa pellets in a week or two.I have not grown in containers much so really don't know how much water they need or when it comes to adding fertilizer.I did read that they need more watering and the potting mix never feeds then 3 to 4 months as stated on the bag.I used a cheap potting mix that said can be used for flowers and vegetables.Should I be doing anything else?
cjp1953 is offline   Reply With Quote