Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old April 20, 2020   #1
Gardenboy
Tomatovillian™

Default MORE Caspian Pink

Coming to the end of another great tomato season. Picked 5 more Caspian Pink tomatoes this morning. Saving lots of seeds if anyone would like to try this outstanding tomato...at least it is in my opinion. VERY productive, tomatoes over a pound with very little plant disease or problems. I always grow 2 plants of this variety. It's the first to produce and the last to produce...keeps on giving! It it prone to have radial cracks around the stem but doesn't hurt the fruit in any way..guessing because of water stress or climate. Give it a try if you have space in your garden. Have plenty of seeds to share...just send me PM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200420_140202_0.jpg (108.8 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200420_140141_7.jpg (84.6 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200420_140217_1.jpg (82.6 KB, 121 views)
Gardenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2020   #2
Vespertino
Tomatovillian™

Oh those look amazing!!!! What a great harvest!!!!!

I love Caspian pinks- they're one of my favorite, too. I've grown them for the past 6 years, sadly they don't do nearly as well in my garden. I only got 3 tomatoes off 2 plants this year. Other years haven't been much better. So I'm taking it as a sign my garden soil just isn't right for em.
Vespertino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29, 2020   #3
jhp
Tomatovillian™

Those look beautiful! I'm curious because I thought that was more of a mid to late season variety, and you mentioned it is the first to produce. What's the DTM for you?
jhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29, 2020   #4
mecktom
Tomatovillian™

Hey Douglas....my (your) Caspian Pink plants look terrific....won't be long till we get some ripe ones. Great tomato!
mecktom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29, 2020   #5
Gardenboy
Tomatovillian™

Glad to hear from you Mecktom!..as far as DTM do you mean Date to Maturity? If so, I start ALL my tomato seedlings around Aug 10th depending on weather. I get my first ripe tomato in 60 to 70 days after I transplant the seedlings into their containers. Caspian Pink is considered a midseason variety. Both my 2 plants grew well this past season and production was great. My Florida growing season for tomato ends around Mother's Day or little after. Plants don't set fruit when it gets so hot and humid in June, July and August. Caspian Pink is always on my top 10 list!
Gardenboy is offline   Reply With Quote