Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 2, 2018   #1
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Default Tricked You Peppers & Others

It's a hybrid pepper that is supposed to be an improved version of 'Fooled You' jalapeno. I have never grown either variety and am wondering if any of you have grown them? Do they taste like a jalapeno just without the heat?
--------
I'm looking at the new Seeds n Such catalog and found a variety called Takara Shish!to. I'm wondering if they are same thing as Shish!to? It says that 10% of them can be spicy. Uh-huh, let them grow out in the Texas heat and about 90% can be spicy.
-------
Banana peppers were boring to me until one day when I tossed some into a hot pan. They release a wonderful flavor - so good that we made chili powder out of them. No questions - I just wanted to share that info.
-------
I'm thinking about growing some Gypsy and/or Cubanelle. I want to grow a few varieties that are less than 3,000 Scoville Units. Do any of you have ideas? I'll most likely order seeds from Seeds n Such.

As for hotter peppers - every grocery store around here sells them very cheaply.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote