Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old November 1, 2009   #1
nik.martin
Tomatovillian™

Default Any one know of good sources in Mobile, AL

I'm VERY new to tomato gardening. I grew up with a grandmother that gardened all and every summer in Theodore, AL, mostly potting and planting tomatoes, and then selling them on the street in front of her house. She used to have so much fun and was always sold out. I regret not learning enough from her.

Anyway, I'm looking for sources of plants locally. I'm not ready for seeds yet, so I'm looking to buy plants that are ready to put in patio containers/the ground. Last year, I just bought Bonnies from HD, and they did ok, but got blight towards the end of the season, and turned south from there. This year, I'd like to find a local grower that sells cares about tomatoes and has good varieties.
nik.martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2009   #2
oc tony
Tomatovillian™

Try Darrel Jones at Selected Plants.Com. He lives in Hamilton Al. There is a link to his site under commercial seed and plant sources or google selectedplants.com
oc tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2009   #3
matertoo
Tomatovillian™

Welcome!!

I'm also in LA (Lower Alabama) and am renewing an interest in gardening, especially maters. I got a few plants from ChinaMart for this year, but am planning on growing heirlooms and a few hybrids from seed next year.

I'm sure that you will find this site to be an excellent source of information and advice from seasoned and helpful mater addicts.

Happy Matering,

Paul
matertoo is offline   Reply With Quote