Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old July 15, 2009   #1
Gobig_or_Gohome_toms
Tomatovillian™

Default What type of wilt is this?

I thought I would post this here as well but the link below has an update from my tomato journal about wilt that I have seeing where I have already pulled an indian stripe as it was not growing much and was not setting fruit. I now have goose creek with the same thing happening but it has set about 6-10 fruit on it and would love to not pull it but that might not be the smartest approach. Thoughts on what I might have would be apprecited all tomatoes are in pots and miricle grow moisture control is the medium.

Post #7 in the link below is my post about my issues with pictures:
http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=11369
Gobig_or_Gohome_toms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2009   #2
dice
Tomatovillian™

From the CMV sticky thread at the top of this forum:

http://tomatopalooza.org/CMV08.htm

It could be some other virus or viroid, too, but it definitely
looks related to me.

Maybe you could hang an electronic bugzapper beside it
(no guarantee; the bugs that carry the virus might ignore
it).
Old July 16, 2009   #3
Gobig_or_Gohome_toms
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice View Post
From the CMV sticky thread at the top of this forum:

http://tomatopalooza.org/CMV08.htm

It could be some other virus or viroid, too, but it definitely
looks related to me.

Maybe you could hang an electronic bugzapper beside it
(no guarantee; the bugs that carry the virus might ignore
it).
That sure looks like what I "had" pulled the goose creek and most fruits were showing signs of BER. I also pulled the brandy boy and but in it's place my big beef rooted cutting. On watch are NBD I am thinking it has it and Aunt ginny's to early to tell if it is going to develp it. All others look healthy so i decided to bite the bullet since it is garbage day tomorrow and pull the two most affected ones.

So that means 3 pulled plants out of 17 (5 of which were a gamble in the woods anyway) very disappointing.

It hit me tonight thinking about this that I did have issues with my Indian Stripes not looking good at the seedling stage and infact I did have to toss one during a transplant to larer pots a IS that looked exactly like what the new growth looked liked on the 3 pulled plants. My only hypothisis is that may have been the source or source plant anyway and the strees from the miricle grow moisture control left plants suseptible to the virus.

At this point I just hope it does not ruin the season but a very strong bleach solution on the pots stakes and cages will be in order this fall.

Craig
Gobig_or_Gohome_toms is offline   Reply With Quote