Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating beans, peas, peanuts, clover and vetch.

Old June 19, 2015   #1
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Default Blue Lakes are Coming On Fast

I can see a good old-fashioned "Bean Pickin'" in my near future. That will be followed by a whole lot of canning and delightful eating.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beans1.JPG (350.9 KB, 47 views)
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2015   #2
digsdirt
Tomatovillian™

Luck dog Ted! My first planting fed the deer - knew I shouldn't have planted them there - and the second planting likely won't bloom for another week.

Dave
Old June 19, 2015   #3
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Dave, if I am prevented from having a green bean casserole, I will substitute venison stew to "kill two birds" so to speak. I won't just arbitrarily kill something unless it is a destructive factor in my garden or is on my menu when the season comes in. I used to plant a little more to make up for the critter destruction, but I'm too old to do that much work for the little I get. If they steal from me, they are "fair game" for the stew pot.

Most of my Blue Lakes are blooming and setting beans, but the largest are only about 1.5 long. Looks like about a week or ten days to the main harvest.

BTW, it's good to see you over here on Tville. There's a boatload of new folks here that will benefit greatly from your advice. I've quit going over to the other one because I don't think I should have to join Facebook in order to post. Such a waste of time there. Regardless, I welcome you to this one.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote