Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old February 21, 2007   #76
Grub
Tomatovillian™

I think that's a very credible line of thinking and that maybe Fish is predisposed to throwing the odd double. Nothing much else does it around here with the hotties thus far.
Grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2007   #77
Trudi
Tomatovillian™

For many years I had a patch of reseeding long thai hots, sometimes they would make a fused/siamese pepper. They were funny looking, of them they weren't always fused from top to bottom, but some were split like a mermaid tail--the ends would curl up like the toe points of harlequin shoes.

Eggplants will sometimes do the same doubling thing, but I've seen it more with the long Asian types--not the rounded or fat tubbies, like rosa de bianca or black beauty.

This doubling and tripling has got to be a solanum trait.
Old May 13, 2007   #78
OmahaJB
Tomatovillian™

Default Fish Peppers

What a nice plant this is. It's only a few inches tall at this point, but there is quite a bit of variegation on the leaves. I probably wouldn't have purchased the seeds for it if I hadn't read this thread. Seems a lot of folks enjoy growing it. Whether as just an ornamental or to put the peppers to good use, it's definitely worth growing. So thanks to all those who posted.

Jeff
OmahaJB is offline   Reply With Quote