Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old June 22, 2006   #1
Rena
Tomatovillian™

Default New Photos

Red Zebra
Reinhards Goldencherie (spelling looking for pack from sse

Rena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2006   #2
travis
Tomatovillian™

Very, very nice.

The Red Zebra looks like someone hand painted them ... beautiful.

What is that black tomato? Very nice tomato.

PV
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2006   #3
Rena
Tomatovillian™

Sorry my kids are always in need when I get on the puter The Black is Black Sea man. Great flavor and very prolific. I am suspect it is a Determinate but I need to check on this. The little yellow is Holyland yellow strain. The big Orange is Mennonite Orange. Sorry I tried to edit but I can hear the kids calling again
Old June 23, 2006   #4
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Thank you.

More comments on flavor please, when you get a chance.

Is Red Zebra any good?
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2006   #5
Rena
Tomatovillian™

The cherry has grown on me (I think I kept picking it early) it has a nice fruity taste. The Red Zebra has a tart tomato taste but has been the most prolific in this years garden. It will be back due to productivity. I did do some checking and Black Sea man is a Determinate. I was kinda surprised when all my plants ripened LITERALLY within a 3 day time period. It was like BAM! Great tasting tomato very pretty. I loved Mennonite Orange. I will have more reports as some others ripen!-Rena
Old June 25, 2006   #6
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Rena-Black Sea Man's reputation, at least on the internet, is that it does best in cool conditions-sounds like you proved that wrong unless you grew it in the greenhouse very early in a container and then set it out, etc. I grew it once in the spring and it did poorly for me in our very hot conditions. Let us know what you did and your source please-sse?
Old June 26, 2006   #7
Rena
Tomatovillian™

I recieved my seeds from Neil I believe. I just went to check and they were not in my B folder. This is the final straw I need to clean off my desk. I noticed in the SSE book they mentioned some plants where pl and some rleaf. Mine where all pl and yes they did get some leaf curl but in General were stout (not over 4 feet) loaded with fruit. I do start all of my stuff earlier then most and they ripened really fast. My advice start early. I have had higher yields on all my plants this year. I think it is that I started them so early and they had a cold period to give them a jump. For 2 years my AGG only produced 1 or 2 tomatoes. This year it has @10. That is huge for here. Best wishes-Rena
Old June 26, 2006   #8
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Rena-thanks for the info.