Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old June 8, 2013   #1
peppero
Tomatovillian™

Default the peppers they are a starting.

i have several hot and sweet peppers that i overwintered and i am pleased to annouce that have lots of blooms on my fatalis as well as some peppers on some other varieties. a couple of years ago i attended a training school and there were some small marconi type of red sweet pepper that tasted very good. they were about three inches long and 1.5 inches across and 4 lobed. i saved some seed and grew some last year and overwintered two plants. they now have some peppers about 2 inches long. last years growouts were not as sweet as the original but good enough to keep growing them. i call them jackson sweets since i discovered them in jackson tn.

jon
peppero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2013   #2
Minnesota Mato
Tomatovillian™

I over wintered a fatalli a couple of years ago and got crazy blooms on it. I counted all the peppers that year and got up to 202 off of one plant. Year two is always the best for me.
Minnesota Mato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2013   #3
peppero
Tomatovillian™

i have two overwintered hot pepper plants the seeds of which a friend brought me from costa rica a few years ago and both of them are covered in peppers. the can get as long as three inches two inches in diameter and are pleated from top to bottom. they start out as light lime green in color and progress to red at maturity. as for heat they are a bit less than habaneros. sorry that i can't give you a name because he did not know.

jon
Old June 20, 2013   #4
peppero
Tomatovillian™

i envy you: that is great production. my fatalis do well but but nothing like that. my tobasco peppers normally produce i would estimate in the 100s but, that is just an estimate.

jon
Old June 20, 2013   #5
ScottinAtlanta
Tomatovillian™

Mine, too. The Bombay Morich is come on, and a beautiful Yellow Scorpion from seed that tjg911 sent me last year was overwintered, and is full of those wrinkled fruits.
ScottinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote