Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for environmentally-friendly alternatives to replace synthetic chemicals and fertilizers.

Old February 27, 2010   #16
Blueaussi
Tomatovillian™

Wouldn't the Agri-Fos and Mycorrhiza be at odds with each other?
Blueaussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2010   #17
David Marek
Tomatovillian™

I used Allude (same as Agri Fos) at a very non- green place as a foliar spray for a bunch of things and a soil drench on cuttings.

From epa website:
"Phosphorous acid is not a naturally occurring substance and has a mixed mode of action involving direct toxicity to the plant pathogen, aided by natural plant defenses. Therefore, phosphorous acid is not classified as a biochemical. However, these simple inorganic chemicals are amenable to structure-activity relationship analysis and for regulatory purposes these are subject to a reduced set of data requirements akin to those established for biochemical pesticides."

So I guess this would fall into a category similar to natural and synthetic pyrethrins.

From that quote it sounds like the myco (if colonization is successful) should help the plant build resistance similar to the action of the chemical. Or do I have that backwards and waaay oversimplified it? Anyway, I would think any fungus would be screaming.

Another article:www.agriinfotech.com/.../POTASSIUM%20PHOSPHITE_briefnote.pdf

Cool, now I know more about this chemical than when I actually used it.
David Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2010   #18
Ambiorix
Tomatovillian™

But the best recipe(takings) of manufacturing consists in plunging some big cuttings of willow (it doesn't much matter the sort(species)) into a basin of hanging water 4 in 5 weeks.
We so obtain two very interesting things:
Full of cuttings of willow ready of being transplanted.
The liquid staying in the basin looks like in a kind of frost(gel) leaving slippery residues on fingers. The parts(parties) of the willow which were under the water seem to be also coated with a transparent frost(gel); in particular around the surface of the cup(cutting) on the base. This liquid allows to facilitate the taking of cuttings or the layering of whatever plant and to strengthen weakened trees (by a repotting for example).

You make also the with meadowsweet.

It's very good with the grafting
Ambiorix is offline   Reply With Quote