Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old May 11, 2014   #16
jmhammRN
Tomatovillian™

Thanks guys for the help. All the plants made it. I mixed up some weak Epsom salt and liquid seaweed and gave them a drink of that a couple times since then. I cut off all the questionable leaves as well. The last of them will be planted out today.

Now if they can just survive this crazy wind here in Oklahoma........I sure do miss Arkansas. But it's just short term here. End of next summer we will move to San Antonio for a year and the will set up shop........????? TBD. Back to Arkansas, or maybe Colorado!! Maybe I can talk the wife into that!?

I hope to post a threat with all my process up to date and the forward, assuming the results are good!

Justin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old May 12, 2014   #17
cythaenopsis
Tomatovillian™

Glad to hear it worked out, Justin. I'd forgotten about Epsom salts--good reminder.
Old May 13, 2014   #18
SharonRossy
Tomatovillian™

Gardening is such a challenge! One minute things look great, then bam! I just. Can't wait to get mine hardened off and planted.
SharonRossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2014   #19
cythaenopsis
Tomatovillian™

^ I'm right there with you. I had some mold/fungus starting to grow on the soil surface of some pots, and one seemed to be falling over due to damping off. I stopped doing supplementary watering at night after skimming off the fungus and re-applying some potting mix... hasn't returned. I supported the damping off afflicted seedling with toothpicks and a twist tie to give it some time... and it worked--stem is firm now, twist tie taken off.

Starting to get some terrific growing rates now. Hardening off has been outside for the day, inside for the night. I left some seedlings out overnight and they didn't flinch. Might be getting close to transplanting into big pots!
Old May 14, 2014   #20
jmhammRN
Tomatovillian™

Cythaenopsis

Glad to hear your good progression. I have all my plants out now and am just waiting for results!
jmhammRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2014   #21
SharonRossy
Tomatovillian™

I started yesterday, brought them in, but today they have been out in shade all day. It's gotten very warm but this is Montreal and temperatures turn in a flick of an eye. But they are staying out tonite, it's time to get them ready!
SharonRossy is offline   Reply With Quote