Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old July 28, 2010   #76
shlacm
Tomatovillian™

Yup, all tomatoes, lol. Can't beat those prices!
shlacm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28, 2010   #77
mecktom
Tomatovillian™

Interesting site. Will be placing an order soon.
mecktom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2010   #78
shlacm
Tomatovillian™

They're heeeeeeeeeere!!! Thanks Remy, love your handwriting... has "flair!"
shlacm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2010   #79
POAJoan
Tomatovillian™

WOW my seeds are already here! Thanks so much for the Bradley, I will try it in the greenhouse this winter (it's going to be finished, it's going to be finished is my new mantra). Now I get to enter them in my records since they are officially here. Thank you so much Joan
POAJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2010   #80
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Mecktom,
Thanks!

Shlacm,
I'm glad you like my handwriting. I won't let Gary write anything. He definitely doesn't have flair. I only let him do stamping.

Joan,
Of course it will be finished .
I really like Bradley. I think it should be more well known.
Thanks again,
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18, 2010   #81
Stepheninky
Tomatovillian™

Ordered up some of my goodies today. Really wanted the Huge Black so if you get some of those in or just about any KY origin heirlooms later on I will definitely make another order.

Your prices are great and I don't know you yet as I am new here but I just want to tell you the main reason I ordered from you is that you are honest in your descriptions. I hate sites that every tomato is the greatest and best ever lol. I even ordered the one that you said has not done so well for you, just cause it is a Kentucky heirloom.

Thanks look forward to growing some tomatoes next year.
Stepheninky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18, 2010   #82
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepheninky View Post
Ordered up some of my goodies today. Really wanted the Huge Black so if you get some of those in or just about any KY origin heirlooms later on I will definitely make another order.

Your prices are great and I don't know you yet as I am new here but I just want to tell you the main reason I ordered from you is that you are honest in your descriptions. I hate sites that every tomato is the greatest and best ever lol. I even ordered the one that you said has not done so well for you, just cause it is a Kentucky heirloom.

Yes, Remy is as honest they come in all ways, not just her variety descriptions.

While Remy did get her Huge Black seeds from someone in KY it's not a KY heirloom. It was first listed in the SSE YEarbook in 2001 by Ake, from Sweden, who lists many so called black varieties that he acquires from folks in Eastern Europe and more commonly the former USSR, now called the CIS.

I've grown Huge Black and it's what I call a pink Black such as Cherokee Purple, Indian Stripe and Black from Tula, as opposed to a red/black such as Black Krim. And you can take the Huge out of the name since it isn't.

For the last several years I've been offering it in my free seed offer here but since the seeds are from 2004 I don't think I'll be offering them again next year.

I'm sure Remy wouldn't mind my mentioning that if it's KY heirlooms you're after please look at the Seed Source title here of Blue Ribbon Seeds, owned by Maria, who is from KY and offers lots and lots of KY heirlooms off her e-bay site.
Old August 18, 2010   #83
Stepheninky
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Yes, Remy is as honest they come in all ways, not just her variety descriptions.

While Remy did get her Huge Black seeds from someone in KY it's not a KY heirloom. It was first listed in the SSE YEarbook in 2001 by Ake, from Sweden, who lists many so called black varieties that he acquires from folks in Eastern Europe and more commonly the former USSR, now called the CIS.

I've grown Huge Black and it's what I call a pink Black such as Cherokee Purple, Indian Stripe and Black from Tula, as opposed to a red/black such as Black Krim. And you can take the Huge out of the name since it isn't.

For the last several years I've been offering it in my free seed offer here but since the seeds are from 2004 I don't think I'll be offering them again next year.

I'm sure Remy wouldn't mind my mentioning that if it's KY heirlooms you're after please look at the Seed Source title here of Blue Ribbon Seeds, owned by Maria, who is from KY and offers lots and lots of KY heirlooms off her e-bay site.
Just checked out that site and yea i probably will be ordering there too lol. I do not only grow Kentucky varieties but I do try my best when I can.
Old August 18, 2010   #84
remy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepheninky View Post

Thank Steven. I try to describe as best I can what the tomato has done for me or how it tastes. Not every thing is going to be my favorite or do well here, but somewhere else it might be just what someone is looking for.
Carolyn is correct about Huge Black I didn't know any history (Thank for the info Carolyn!) though I do mention that is isn't too huge in its description. Spider/Bert who used to be a member here grew it and loved it down in KY. Bert was quite the gardener, and I still feel sad that he is gone.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Old August 23, 2010   #85
Stepheninky
Tomatovillian™

Just got my seeds today, must say that was very fast. Think I ordered on Friday and I got them today on a Monday. Thats only 4 days. Thanks so much. Also wanted to mention that the seed counts even on the samples (thanks for sending that extra bonus KY heirloom) was very generous counts.

Will be looking forward to your 2011 update in the fall and doing business with you again.
Old August 23, 2010   #86
franzb69
Tomatovillian™

hey remy, if you don't mind me asking. do you ship internationally? how much for shipping? I've got a lot of wishlist seeds that you've got there and I wanna buy some. Thanks.
franzb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2010   #87
remy

Stepheninky,
Thank you.

Franzb69,
I do ship internationally, but I unfortunately can't ship to the Philippines. Your country has very strict import rules. The seeds need a phytosanitary certificate no matter what kind of seed and an import permit is also required! http://www.medco.gov.ph/ciqs/quarantine-p.htm
Remy

Old August 24, 2010   #88
franzb69
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Franzb69,
I do ship internationally, but I unfortunately can't ship to the Philippines. Your country has very strict import rules. The seeds need a phytosanitary certificate no matter what kind of seed and an import permit is also required! http://www.medco.gov.ph/ciqs/quarantine-p.htm
Remy
uhm...it may look and sound strict... but it has never impeded my purchases. the only problems i get are that of slow shipping, due usually because of being a 3rd world country....people thinking they've hit the jackpot and stealing my packages, even if it's just a bunch of seeds.... or it just gets plain lost along the way.

i'm willing to risk it if you are. =D

i've bought, recieved and donated to and from a few countries already without much problems aside from the ones i've mentioned.
franzb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2010   #89
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Remy,

I added you to the vendor list at Tatiana's TOMATObase - http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/The_Sample_Seed_Shop, and to the 'Seed Availability' section for all the tomatoes you offer in your 2010 catalog.

Here is the list of all pages at TOMATObase where your shop is referenced from (just click on 'Find Results' button): http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/S...dor-20code/Sss

(Edit) Once you have your 'new for 2011 catalog' list ready, please email it to me, so I can update your vendor page accordingly.

Tania

Tatiana's TOMATObase

Last edited by Tania; August 26, 2010 at 01:05 PM.
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2010   #90
remy

Thank Tania! I have you as a link on my web site also, don't know if you saw.
Remy