Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating fruit-bearing plants, trees, flowers and ornamental plants.

Old October 15, 2015   #1
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Default Has anyone ever seen this before?

So this is my light orange bougainvillea with variegated foliage. For the first time it decided to blow my mind and throw out a variegated flower that has the light orange, dark orange, and pink coloring on it. I have never seen this before and am amazed at how beautiful this flower is. Has anyone ever seen this happen to a bougainvillea flower?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2819-1024x576.jpeg (93.0 KB, 164 views)
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2015   #2
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Did you know the colored part is actually a leaf bract. The flowers are the tiny white tubular things in the center of the bract. So it is still a variegation of the leaf, but
I never saw that before. Really quite stunning.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2015   #3
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Wow i did not know that. I too have never seen this before. Now i will be keeping a closer eye on this plant.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
Old October 15, 2015   #4
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

It is beautiful.

30 years ago in 1985, my girlfriend and I pressed some leaves, flowers, and butterflies in a Photo Album.

30 years later, the leaves, flowers, and butterflies still have their color, and my soulmate and I look at them as if it were yesterday.

I'm not sure if photo albums are still sold or not? I would save that leaf in some sort of laminate.

30 years goes by fast. Year zero, you are referred to as your name. Year 30, you are grandpa. Looking at those leaves, flowers, and butterflies - 30 years later - it brings back more than memories.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2015   #5
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Thats an awesome idea Robert i may just have to do that. Thanks.
Old March 11, 2016   #6
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Looks like it may be happening again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5807-768x1365.jpg (130.7 KB, 62 views)