Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 2, 2011   #1
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Default Another case of copyright violation...

... in Reimer Seed online catalog!

Actually I was quite shocked. Not the first time, I guess, as we already had a bad copyright case with Dr. Tomato some time ago. But this time what I thought was a 'reputable' seed vendor' who did it, which is shocking.

My guess is some people (customers perhaps?) might have been sending them the copyrighted photos and they may have put them up on their website not knowing... That's a possibility.

But I still believe it is a HUGE issue when a reputable business uses someone else's pictures illegally, and it needs to be corrected.

I sent them an email today requesting that they remove all the photos they lifted from Tatiana's TOMATObase website (which includes some of my pictures, Suze's, Patty's, and Klaus-Peter's, and Steve's).

They also have a lot of photos from SSE public catalog, Tomatofest, and Tomato Growers. Not sure if they obtained permissions to use the photos from them or not.

I am hoping they will fix the issue asap, and I will keep you posted about the results.

Tatiana

Tatiana's TOMATObase

Last edited by Suze; October 3, 2011 at 03:29 AM. Reason: added tags
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
copyright infringement , reimer , reimerseeds.com