Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old December 12, 2011   #61
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

I just used the Free Shipping coupon code posted above, and it worked! Says for U.S. shipment only. Saved me $8.50 shipping. Thanks!!!

Raybo
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2011   #62
fortyonenorth
Tomatovillian™

Sorry for any misunderstanding. I, also, have always had excellent germination with Johnny's seed. I was referring to Territorial Seeds--high shipping + low germination on several occasions. That's just in my experience, of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roper2008 View Post
I agree their shipping is a little on the high side. Unlike fortyonenorth, I get very good
germination from their seed.
fortyonenorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2011   #63
Granite26
Tomatovillian™

Yes thanks for the code..saved me over $12
Granite26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2011   #64
Tania
Tomatovillian™

sirtanon, this probably will not work for Canada, as they quote shipping charge separately from the order...

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2011   #65
kath
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtanon View Post
Tatiana and Kath? Did you try the free shipping code? I don't know if it's any good for shipping to Canada, but it worked for me..

I bought 10 different varieties of seed, including Okra, Corn, Cucumber, Tomato, and spinach, and shipping was totally free with the coupon code: 12-1005. Would have been somewhere around $6 or $7 I think, I had I not found the code
Uh, no...it didn't occur to me to search for one. I only ordered 6 packets of seed- not sure what the requirements were to get free shipping. My shipping fee was nearly the price of two packs of their seeds. Maybe their shipping costs are so high because they don't charge everyone. Why not just charge a reasonable fee across the board?

P.S. After contacting Customer Service, my credit card is being credited for $7.25 (no, I didn't request it) and my comments are being forwarded to management. I believe I've ordered from them every year since about 1986- the list was a lot longer in those days before the seed prices reached current levels. Guess I'll continue to do so, making sure to check for promotional coupons, of course.

Last edited by kath; December 13, 2011 at 12:40 PM. Reason: P.S. added
kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2011   #66
fortyonenorth
Tomatovillian™

After Travis's post, I checked their website and it looks like they would have charged me a minimum $4 to ship an an order of one packet of seeds. I think that's less than last year when I ordered, because I'm almost certain there was an $8 or $10 shipping minimum. Maybe I'm just losing my mind.
fortyonenorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2011   #67
Marymcp
Tomatovillian™

always check retailmenot dot com . Type in the name of the website you are placing an order and they look for coupon codes. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I think I'm about 50/50 with it. Worth checking. I saved $7.25 shipping from Johnny's Seeds today.
Marymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2011   #68
sirtanon
Tomatovillian™

Exactly. Any time I buy from ANYWHERE online, and even sometimes if I'm buying from a retail chain, I search google for coupons. Scored some serious deals in the past. Just last month, I got a $199 wine fridge for $152
Old December 26, 2011   #69
hoffman900
Tomatovillian™

Got all my seeds from Johnny's this year:

Tomatoes:
Colosus - root stock (grafting onto Red Ponderosa seeds I have saved from last year).
Grandero

Cucumber:
Corinto

Pole Beans:
Fortex

Eggplant:
Nadia

Pepper:
Snapper

Spinach:
Emu

I'm scaling back on variety this year, and just shooting for overall better quality/yields. I also have a new fertilizer source/regiment for my eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes that I expect will greatly up the yields as well.

Last edited by hoffman900; December 26, 2011 at 07:35 PM.
hoffman900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2011   #70
LuvsToPlant
Tomatovillian™

hoffman...Good for you!...love Johnny's...have been ordering from them for close to 23 years...Never a dissapointment.
...and there not to far down the road from me. Love to visit.
Have you ever orded from them before?

...I have the catalog from Bakers Creek...beautiful illustrations ...first time ordering this year. Can't wait to give them a try.
LuvsToPlant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2011   #71
hoffman900
Tomatovillian™

LuvsToPlant,

I've ordered cover crop mixes from them before. I like what they offer and don't mind paying a little more on shipping.
hoffman900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2012   #72
carpenterlady
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtanon View Post
Tatiana and Kath? Did you try the free shipping code? I don't know if it's any good for shipping to Canada, but it worked for me..

I bought 10 different varieties of seed, including Okra, Corn, Cucumber, Tomato, and spinach, and shipping was totally free with the coupon code: 12-1005. Would have been somewhere around $6 or $7 I think, I had I not found the code
Thanks for the code. It still works. I saved $10.25.
carpenterlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2012   #73
nadine18
Tomatovillian™

Wow, they have a really big section for microgreens, I'm going to look around and maybe buy something other than tomato seeds! Thanks for the code, I hope it still works.
nadine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2012   #74
FarmerShawn
Tomatovillian™

I just placed my order today, and it worked just fine! Plus, they currently have an extra 10% of on all seed starting supplies.
Shawn
FarmerShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012   #75
JaneMartin
Tomatovillian™

Another very please customer of Johnny's Selected Seeds. Here is the coupon "free standard shipping on orders of $25 or more" expires 5/31/2012:
code: 12-1071
JaneMartin is offline   Reply With Quote