Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 28, 2019   #1
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

Default Okra

I'm thinking of growing okra this year for the first time. Any variety recommendations will be appreciated. I plan on growing the okra in an area which will be vacated by the Chinese cabbage currently occupying the space. I have my fingers crossed about growing it because a friend who lives near me tried to grow it a few years ago and found it to be a favorite food of fire ants. The ant's destroyed the okra plants and didn't touch anything else.

We were members of a group which had occasional parties with everyone bringing a dish prepared at home. We had one lady who grew up in Africa where Okra is called "Lady Fingers". She decided to prepare a dessert which called for lady fingers (the pastry) as the base. She brought her dessert prepared according to the recipe and folks had a hard time figuring out how okra was supposed to be a sweet dessert.

Last edited by DonDuck; February 28, 2019 at 04:19 PM.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote