Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Interested in planning your own tomato-tasting event? Post your ideas and/or plans here!

Old August 31, 2009   #1
Jimche
Tomatovillian™

Default 2009 SSE Tomato Tasting

We started a small tomato growing operation this year; grew just over 50 varieties - some were great, some waste of efforts and time. We would like to go to a tomato tasting, but missed the Rutgers one last week. We are thinking of going to the SSE event this Saturday, but it looks like a bit of a trek for 40 varieties.

If anyone has been to past SSE tastings or knows more about the agenda of this year's, please let us know what your impressions were. Also we would welcome any sugestions of other tastings.

Galina and Jim(che)
Jimche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31, 2009   #2
Zana
Tomatovillian™

The Buffalo-Niagara-Western-New-York Tomatofest is this coming Saturday in Grand Island, NY. A bit of a hike, but there were over 90 varieties of tomatoes last year, great food and some seed trading.
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1, 2009   #3
Jimche
Tomatovillian™

Thank you Zana. I think we will be going there; it is closse than Decorah, IA.
Jimche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3, 2009   #4
DeanRIowa
Tomatovillian™

Visting SSE is really a treat to check out all of SSE, I would recommend it, if you are in the area, but not worth going half way across the USA. The tomatoes are good, but to go only for the tomato tasting and going that far would be a waste.

I plan on going to the SSE for the third year in a row. I go mainly to walk their gardens, which are interesting, and while walking the gardens I get ideas what would grow well in my area, since I am only 2 hours away.

Is anyone else planning on attending this year?

Dean
DeanRIowa is offline   Reply With Quote