Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 2, 2011   #1
lakelady
Tomatovillian™

Default Italian Themed Tomato Garden

I have a lot of shady areas in my yard, so most likely I will have 3 tomato gardening areas around the house. In trying to narrow down choices (there are SO many), I've been considering what can fit where, and came up with the idea that since I want to try several Italian varieities, I'd keep them together and thus eliminate one worry about who's going where.

That being said, this is my proposed list of varieties to put in the main garden, which is not huge, but these should all fit with some other veggies too. Any and all suggestions or recommendations would be great. Many will go into sauce, and some will be eaten fresh. If anything here looks like a poor choice, I'd welcome any suggestions. I have grown San Marzano's for years, and I'm ready to try new varieities, and most of my experience has been with hybrids, so be gentle with me

By the way, this is the short list, and my other grow areas have much larger lists I'll need to shorten way down. At least getting one out of the way will ease my anxiety over it all lol...

Canestrino
Costuluto Genovese
DaChilo
Franchi Red Pear
Gianini
Gildo Pietroboni
Goldmans Italian American
Ignegoli Gigante
Panto Romanesco
Provezano
Russo Togetta
Cuneo Giant Pear