Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for environmentally-friendly alternatives to replace synthetic chemicals and fertilizers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 2, 2012   #1
Atomic Garden
Tomatovillian™

Default Mycorrhizae..can I get more bang for my $$$?

I have asked a few places and I seem to get the same answer. Some version of- I have never thought of that. I currently pay a lot more than I would like to for these products. I started with the liquid. I then read the powder label and it seemed to have more types of beneficial bacteria in it. I mentioned it to my Wife and the next day I get home from work and she had bought me a big tub of it(I think she is awesome! I originally thought she did it because she loves me. I now think she just wants a gazillion cherry tomatoes...hmmm)I now have both. Great, I am excited and rotate between the two. Doesn't change the fact this stuff is pretty expensive for the amount you get. My question is can you increase the amount you get? I have been using compost or worm tea and I know the reason you let it bubble for hours on end is to let the bacteria and fungi grow. If I add mycorrhizae to a bucket with molasses or some other food source can I turn a few cc's into a few gallons?
Tomatoes: Black Krim, Mortgage Lifter, Rainbow, Husky Cherry, Supersweet 100. Peppers: Jalapeño, Serrano, Chile De Arbol, Habanero, Trinidad Scorpion Butch T, Green Bell. Other: Cilantro, Cucumber, Sunflower, Strawberry, Genovese & Lime Basil, Pineapple, Tiger Melon.
Atomic Garden is offline   Reply With Quote