Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old 1 Week Ago   #256
GrowingCoastal
Tomatovillian™

Yes, that purple parrot variety is lovely. They can look very different, too, with mixed colours in one bloom.
GrowingCoastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #257
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Yes I do think that it is the Labrador Fringed Tulip. That or Curly Sue, but I think it is Labrador. Definitely a fringed tulip and not a parrot.
Old 1 Week Ago   #258
Whwoz
Tomatovillian™

There is no mention of Labrador Tulip on the Tesselaars website, but there are a number of other fringed tulips. I will forward the photo in question to them and get an answer from the growers.
Whwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #259
mcsee
Tomatovillian™

I grew Sikkim Cucumbers many years ago, from seed I may have got from Medbury Gardens (Richard).
mcsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #260
Whwoz
Tomatovillian™

Time I updated the activity at the garden of Woz. Over the past few months

Have relocated and split up the rhubarb plants, which have all taken off.

Have relocated and split up most of the Garden Sorrel plants with more divisions than I need .

Peas: Have planted and are now picking a dwarf sugar snap, Oregon Giant Snow Pea and two other Snow Peas from a small breeder, Joni's Taxi, a yellow podded variety, and Heather, a purple podded variety. These last two were hammered by the sparrows with the first two were untouched even though they are less than a meter apart. Thinking I will have a go at crossing the yellow and purple, hoping to get a red. Intend to set up a caged area where I cam grow peas without having to net each row over the next 12 months.

Sweet Potato: Walked into the nursery area of the local green shed and saw some sweet potatoes the other day, so have 7 Orange (Beauergard), 3 Purple skin white flesh (prob North Star) and 5 purple flesh, white skin (prob Murasaki) in the ground.

Tomatoes are nearly hardened off ready to grow.

Eggplants: have two varieties up Hmong Red and Fairy Tale that are hardening off and will be planted shortly.

Capsicums: Have Beaver Dam and seed from last years Candy Cane and Long Sweet Yellow hardening off. Did have Cal Wonder from last year and seed from a commercial yellow and orange fruit growing but lost the lot - not sure what happened.

Cucumbers Long White and Sikkam, 3 of each in the ground.

Zucchini 5 of Petals (McSee's Wifes online tag) Gold Rush x Jade Numbat Cross in the ground.

Ready to plant Carrots, Parsnip and Beetroot.
Whwoz is offline   Reply With Quote