Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 22, 2018   #1111
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Although this year the climate in Spain has been very bad, strange and abnormal, I do not think it's good to get references, but for good reason, my pink KARMA begins to mature at 52 days from its final transplant to my garden.
Impress how early it is
Nico

Nico.
NicolasGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2018   #1112
bower
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Bower, I think the fruit looks good. Sorry about the delay in fruit maturation.
I'm stoked!! Doing great considering the weather!! Can't wait to taste em...
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2018   #1113
Koala Doug
Tomatovillian™

My KARMA Pink survived being blown over onto the driveway twice today. Luckily I only lost five branches and not any fruit (whew!). But it is a sign that the plant is pretty big now as it catches even moderate winds. I guess I'll have to start making a determination about leaving them in the garage on somewhat windy days... which I hate to do - they don't get enough sunlight as it is. The plant is quite tough though!
Koala Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2018   #1114
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala Doug View Post
My KARMA Pink survived being blown over onto the driveway twice today. Luckily I only lost five branches and not any fruit (whew!). But it is a sign that the plant is pretty big now as it catches even moderate winds. I guess I'll have to start making a determination about leaving them in the garage on somewhat windy days... which I hate to do - they don't get enough sunlight as it is. The plant is quite tough though!
Can you tie it to a fence or drive a stake into the ground?
K
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2018   #1115
efisakov
Tomatovillian™

I have so many fruits on my KARMA, just have to let it turn. The fruits are big, beautiful and almost there. Aaaaa... I want one to taste already. So fruit-strating.
The plant itself should be on the front page of a swimsuit magazine.

God comes along and says, "I think I'm going to create THE tomato!”
efisakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2018   #1116
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by efisakov View Post
I have so many fruits on my KARMA, just have to let it turn. The fruits are big, beautiful and almost there. Aaaaa... I want one to taste already. So fruit-strating.
The plant itself should be on the front page of a swimsuit magazine.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2018   #1117
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Ella! Oh I can’t wait to hear what you think of the taste you have been so supportive all along
Karen
Old June 23, 2018   #1118
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasGarcia View Post
Although this year the climate in Spain has been very bad, strange and abnormal, I do not think it's good to get references, but for good reason, my pink KARMA begins to mature at 52 days from its final transplant to my garden.
Impress how early it is
Nico
It is very early, looks like you are just a few days away from tasting. They look great.
Old June 23, 2018   #1119
Koala Doug
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenO View Post
Can you tie it to a fence or drive a stake into the ground?
K

Unfortunately not. The only area on the property that gets any sun (4-5 hours per day) is a 10'x10' patch in the middle of the driveway. If it was off to one side of the driveway, then I could drive a stake on the edge of the grass... but I can't even do that. It's just one of the challenges that I have to work around in order to grow tomatoes. We all have a variety of environmental challenges to overcome and that's just one of mine.

Koala Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2018   #1120
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala Doug View Post
Unfortunately not. The only area on the property that gets any sun (4-5 hours per day) is a 10'x10' patch in the middle of the driveway. If it was off to one side of the driveway, then I could drive a stake on the edge of the grass... but I can't even do that. It's just one of the challenges that I have to work around in order to grow tomatoes. We all have a variety of environmental challenges to overcome and that's just one of mine.

We all do
K
Old June 24, 2018   #1121
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Hello everyone from Spain.
I think my first KARMA pink tomato will be ready in a few days , I want to let it ripen well.
I am also testing KARMA pink in two containers. To catch other different references, as well as behavior in containers as production, and especially see what result has plantondolo so late of time.
I took two cuttings from KARMA pink and passed them to two containers and they seem to be very good.

Nico
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-06-24_07-20-46-952.jpg (213.4 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-06-24_07-43-02-912.jpg (355.7 KB, 103 views)

Nico.
NicolasGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2018   #1122
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Nico, good to know they clone well too,I never tried it. I agree to wait until very very ripe before eating.
Old June 24, 2018   #1123
friedgreen51
Tomatovillian™

Default Karma Pink is Blushing

My first tomatoes on the Karma Pink are starting to blush. They are a nice size. Can't wait to taste these. These seed were started around January 29th.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1395.jpg (81.3 KB, 84 views)
friedgreen51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2018   #1124
Gardadore
Tomatovillian™

My tomato buddy sowed 5 seeds and all came up. Something happened to one of the seedlings so we ended up with 4 plants. I gave two to friends and my buddy and I each kept one. I am happy to report that everyone is very pleased with the progress of their plant.
The one lives about 20 miles south of me so her tomatoes tend to ripen before mine: she says:
“I'm happy to report that my Pink Karma plant is doing very well. It is lush with lots of buds and even more flowers. Very soon I hope to have tomatoes!”
My other friend says about the same. My buddy says her one is over 2 feet tall, flowering and nice and strong, one of the strongest in her garden and she has about 90 tomato plants!
Mine is doing very well at the moment after giving me a bit of a scare when I returned home after 10 days of visiting the grandkids. My plant was drooping pretty badly and the leaves were curled. It did not look very robust at all! Compared to my other tomatoes it looked a little pathetic. I think my waterer may have missed it since the fabric pot is nestled among some raspberries. We had also had a couple of colder than average nights. But with tender loving care all is good and there are lots of flowers. While her cherry neighbors Esterina and Russian Purple have already set fruit she is clearly about to.
I love checking on this plant because the leaves are so unusual even for a potato leaf. They remind me of a lop-eared rabbit! The plant almost grows before my eyes and has clearly grown at least 6 inches this week since returning home. Can’t wait to taste it. Will report when we all start setting! Thanks for sharing the seeds!
Gardadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2018   #1125
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Awesome report, thank you! Please post again with everyone’s thoughts on the flavour
KarenZo