Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old February 9, 2019   #76
Spike2
Tomatovillian™

Never mind

Last edited by Spike2; February 11, 2019 at 08:17 PM.
Spike2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2019   #77
tomatoaddict

Well I’m just going to put this here and let it stand. These people are not a good group of people. I’m not sure how they finagled some reputable people to be involved with them. Their motives are not pure. They are using vendors for data, photos, knowledge, followers, page likes and their audience. My gut instinct on them was correct. Their goal isn’t to be kind it’s to dominate. At least two of the founders have no gardening or growing experience whatsoever but were brought in for a purpose. You know, corporate types. They blatantly copied my logo recently. Some people think it’s a nothing burger but it just speaks to their ethics. Anyone has a problem with what I’ve said can just not associate with me. Buyer beware with WTS. The truth always comes out and they are in for a big fall.
Old May 23, 2019   #78
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

I see Mike Dunton from Victory Seed is still on the panel. Anyone know if he has, in fact, joined this group or if, like Craig, he wasn't fully aware of what they were all about when initially approached and just hasn't "divorced" them yet? Victory has become my go-to seed vendor in recent years, but seeing him tied to such a questionable organization has me re-thinking using them again.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019   #79
tomatoaddict

That’s another thing they’ve done, plugged reputable people into their influencers info like they are associated with them and if you read back thru this thread you’ll see many weren’t even aware of it. Idk if they’ve taken Craig L’s info off yet but they’ve let it sit there long after he told them to leave him out of it. They just take whatever is useful without asking and prop themselves up. There was an article about them in a local magazine where they basically admit their in it for the money. I’ll have to find the link. They’re profiteers using the guise of trying to “bring people together” when it’s really about some weird global domination. They disgust me and I won’t back off of that. People can unfollow me or not buy from me if they have an issue with the truth.
Old May 28, 2019   #80
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

I am going to let Mike speak for himself (if he wishes to), but my view is that is an awkward spot for him. Similar reasoning to why I agreed to initially join - to keep an eye on them and try to ensure they didn't peddle BS. But....my decision to quickly leave should speak volumes. For Mike, as a seed vendor in a very competitive field, it is a challenging decision. Much easier for me, as a completely free agent.
Old May 28, 2019   #81
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Using Tatiana’s good reputation as well.
She has nothing whatsoever to do with wts.
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2019   #82
Shrinkrap
Tomatovillian™

Don't want to lose my place.
Shrinkrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2019   #83
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by nctomatoman View Post
I am going to let Mike speak for himself (if he wishes to), but my view is that is an awkward spot for him. Similar reasoning to why I agreed to initially join - to keep an eye on them and try to ensure they didn't peddle BS. But....my decision to quickly leave should speak volumes. For Mike, as a seed vendor in a very competitive field, it is a challenging decision. Much easier for me, as a completely free agent.

Thanks Craig, good to know.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2019   #84
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

They certainly know how to not organize a seed catalog.

Tomatoes are randomly posted across 87 pages.
Most large varieties have a generic description for culinary uses: paste/sauce/canner/slicer. One would think slicer would be the first listed use, not the last.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2019   #85
psa
Tomatovillian™

Some of the biggest names in independent seed providers are still listed on their page. You’re not going to kick all of them out of Tomatoville, are you?
psa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2019   #86
joseph
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischka View Post
[COLOR=DarkRed]If you are a member or affiliated with them, you are no longer welcome here. If you are a vendor and I promote you here, your name will be removed from the list of recommended vendors and every current and past mention of your business will be erased from this site.

If you accost fellow members here to join or try to divert web traffic to their site, you will be permanently banned without prior notification. Any future posts or links promoting WTS will be deleted and the poster will lose their access to Tomatoville.

There will be no new threads created to discuss this "society". Use this one if you want to comment further.

I am associated with WTS. Please delete my Tomatoville account, and scrub my data from Tomatoville. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by joseph; December 15, 2019 at 01:35 AM.
joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2019   #87
matereater
Tomatovillian™

Sorry to see you go Joseph, I enjoyed your posts

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
matereater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2019   #88
barbamWY
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by matereater View Post
Sorry to see you go Joseph, I enjoyed your posts
I hate to see Joseph go.
Barb
barbamWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2021   #89
tomatoaddict

Well I see that WTS did exactly what I warned people about. They are now monetizing their "free platform" You now have to have an account. They want that email! You can view 12 tomatoes for free and then it's paid. I looked up one tomato and it is copied word for word from Victory. Of course all seed inquiries are directed to tomatofest. Imagine that. I knew this was their goal all along. It wasn't for the betterment of the tomato community but to monetize. I feel sorry for all the people that fell for this blatant scam.
Old August 20, 2022   #90
kenny_j
Tomatovillian™

Just want to chime in here. Haven't been around a lot lately, been a member since 2011. The 1st heirloom tomato seeds I ever bought came from Tomatofest. I realized a few years afterward that what I received were not the real deal. Regular leaf plants that were supposed to be potato leaf, that kind of thing. I have since, right or wrong, never had a high opinion of Gary Ibsen and tomatofest. I have since bought seed from many of the different vendors listed here ant t'ville, and have been happy with all of them. Love you all, you are the best!!!
kenny_j is offline   Reply With Quote