Tomatoville® Gardening Forums


Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 19, 2018   #166
MissS
Tomatovillian™
 
MissS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,925
Default

Carolyn, there is no need for you to buy tomato plants. You happen to be a global moderator at a place called "Tomatoville". There is no way that the citizens here would allow you to go a season without some heirloom tomato plants.
Just post in the 'Wanted' section your above story and many of us will be more than happy to send some plants your way. I bet that you get so many offers that you could pick and choose your varieties to grow.
__________________
~ Patti ~
AKA - Hooper
Zone 5
MissS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2018   #167
carolyn137
Tomatoville® Moderator
 
carolyn137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Upstate NY, zone 4b/5a
Posts: 20,929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS View Post
Carolyn, there is no need for you to buy tomato plants. You happen to be a global moderator at a place called "Tomatoville". There is no way that the citizens here would allow you to go a season without some heirloom tomato plants.
Just post in the 'Wanted' section your above story and many of us will be more than happy to send some plants your way. I bet that you get so many offers that you could pick and choose your varieties to grow.
It's already happened as I posted in several different threads here in the past 2 days., I ordered 2 of each variety for a total of 14 plants,I think. Freda picked them up 2 days ago, beautiful plants,and they are outside under the overhang from the roof but won't go out until early June. Four will go to David,one of my USPS delivery persons

The one called Cherokee Purple they said was an heirloom one, but fact is, assessment of gs alleles showed it wasn't 100 year sold as JD Green told Craig what JD had been told initially. And other one, a red beefsteak was called an heirloom,I went to the Bonnie website,checked it out and all it said was...does well in the NE.

In the past some tVille persons have mailed me plants,and that b/c I was having surgery and then to rehab. Craig L used to send me plants of the new Dwarf ones to see how they did up here, Nancy K used to send me plants of ones I didn't have, and Gardenmama sent me the same, ones she had but I didn't have.

And for all of them I sent back seeds for varieties they didn't have and I'm still doing that since I have trade situations set up with others.


Carolyn
__________________
Carolyn
carolyn137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20, 2018   #168
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™
 
MrBig46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Czech republic
Posts: 1,834
Default

On Thursday I spent a lot of time shooting with my new camera. I shot one plant a second. How it looks indicate in the accompanying drawings.
Vladimír
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0137Gall+Sal.jpg (554.9 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0138Gall.jpg (140.5 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0139Gall.jpg (139.6 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0141Sal.jpg (142.7 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0142Sal.jpg (158.5 KB, 156 views)
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21, 2018   #169
swellcat
Tomatovillian™
 
swellcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cowtown, Texas – 7B/8A
Posts: 182
Default

Man, those look good. I'm envious . . . and happy for you.
swellcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21, 2018   #170
carolyn137
Tomatoville® Moderator
 
carolyn137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Upstate NY, zone 4b/5a
Posts: 20,929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig46 View Post
On Thursday I spent a lot of time shooting with my new camera. I shot one plant a second. How it looks indicate in the accompanying drawings.
Vladimír
Vladimir I Love both Gallego and Salobre, actually I didn't grow either one here at home but folks who participated in my earlier seed offers did.

Thanks so much for those seeds mentioned above but I still cannot locate any seeds of Bombeta and you know how much I love multifloras.

Now that you are back growing some Spanish varieties again, can I interest you in a trade? Bombeta seeds from you and Negro de Olmeda seeds from me from Paco in Spain.

And in General Discussion there's a thread about Kumato,aka Negro de Olmeda so you can read about it there.

Carolyn
__________________
Carolyn
carolyn137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21, 2018   #171
bjbebs
Tomatovillian™
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: illinois
Posts: 218
Default

Vlad was good enough to send both Gallego and Salobre seed into Tormato's swap last year. I have both in the garden. They both make big, beautiful, round red tomatoes. Both are mid season, Gallego being a bit later. I would say both are on the mildly sweet side without much bite, very meaty but extremely juicy. All fruit picked have been between 1.25 to 1.75 lbs. The picture shows a big Salobre on the right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180713_185335.jpg (272.5 KB, 136 views)
bjbebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 2018   #172
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™
 
MrBig46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Czech republic
Posts: 1,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Vladimir I Love both Gallego and Salobre, actually I didn't grow either one here at home but folks who participated in my earlier seed offers did.

Thanks so much for those seeds mentioned above but I still cannot locate any seeds of Bombeta and you know how much I love multifloras.

Now that you are back growing some Spanish varieties again, can I interest you in a trade? Bombeta seeds from you and Negro de Olmeda seeds from me from Paco in Spain.

And in General Discussion there's a thread about Kumato,aka Negro de Olmeda so you can read about it there.

Carolyn
Carolyn, of course I'll be happy, if you find some seeds of these Spanish tomatoes and send them to me.
I do not have Bombet seeds at this time, but I will sack the flowers and I will send you the seeds.
Vladimír
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 2018   #173
carolyn137
Tomatoville® Moderator
 
carolyn137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Upstate NY, zone 4b/5a
Posts: 20,929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig46 View Post
Carolyn, of course I'll be happy, if you find some seeds of these Spanish tomatoes and send them to me.
I do not have Bombet seeds at this time, but I will sack the flowers and I will send you the seeds.
Vladimír
I'll even add some Rosa de Zauretz seeds, 2016 seeds,if you don't have them already, from the town in Spain called Zauretz, and I have the description somewhere here, well everything is always somewhere.

My seeds from Charleen in France.
__________________
Carolyn
carolyn137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2018   #174
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™
 
MrBig46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Czech republic
Posts: 1,834
Default

-Carolyna recalled Gallego
-the most delicious are pink tomatoes for me- Rosa de Huesca
-after two years I have Moruno again with a beautiful dark color
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0198Gall.jpg (340.6 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0199RdeH.jpg (309.5 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0212Moruno.jpg (360.4 KB, 98 views)
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28, 2018   #175
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™
 
MrBig46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Czech republic
Posts: 1,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbebs View Post
Vlad was good enough to send both Gallego and Salobre seed into Tormato's swap last year. I have both in the garden. They both make big, beautiful, round red tomatoes. Both are mid season, Gallego being a bit later. I would say both are on the mildly sweet side without much bite, very meaty but extremely juicy. All fruit picked have been between 1.25 to 1.75 lbs. The picture shows a big Salobre on the right.
I'm glad the tomatoes are doing well to you. I am also happy with them.
Vladimír
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1, 2018   #176
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™
 
MrBig46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Czech republic
Posts: 1,834
Default

Vladimír
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0271Salo.jpg (299.1 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0272Pde Er.jpg (442.4 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0273Ro deP.jpg (420.9 KB, 76 views)
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3, 2018   #177
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™
 
MrBig46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Czech republic
Posts: 1,834
Default

Two more famous Spanish varieties. Macizo Monserrat and Negro Sierra del Segura (I think the world is known as Negro Silex). Both delicious steaks. Negro Sierra del Segura more than 1 pound.
Vladimír
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0318MaMo.jpg (263.9 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0323NSdS.jpg (340.0 KB, 60 views)
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4, 2018   #178
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™
 
MrBig46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Czech republic
Posts: 1,834
Default

On Thursday I received from Baikal the seeds of other interesting Spanish varieties:

Feo de Tudela, Huaje Mexico, Morado de Fitero, Valenciano, Cor de Bou. Rosado Zapatón, Corazon Peregrino, Negro Estrella a Pera Baby Kumato.

I am looking forward to their growing next year.

Vladimír

Last edited by MrBig46; August 4, 2018 at 02:26 PM.
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4, 2018   #179
bjbebs
Tomatovillian™
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: illinois
Posts: 218
Default

Vlad, this is how I do a simple tomato salad. A big 1 1/2 lb Salobre goes a long way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180804_114708.jpg (324.4 KB, 50 views)
bjbebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6, 2018   #180
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™
 
MrBig46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Czech republic
Posts: 1,834
Default

Family Heritage.
In 2013, Baikal sent me a tomato seed with a note written: It has been grown in the family for more than 60 years. I thought it was a tomato that was grown in his family.
But Baikal brought me out of the wrong with he getting the seeds from someone girl from the spanish forum infojardin.

Vladimír
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0327RosaA.jpg (234.1 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by MrBig46; August 6, 2018 at 02:44 PM.
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 AM.


★ Tomatoville® is a registered trademark of Commerce Holdings, LLC ★ All Content ©2017 Commerce Holdings, LLC ★