Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating beans, peas, peanuts, clover and vetch.

Old June 12, 2008   #16
gssgarden
Tomatovillian™

First beans didn't make it two feet. From plant to mouth! This weekend I'll have enough to cook but just love beans right out of the garden. Growing Stallion, Top Crop and Harvester. Just a little of each. Enough for the family with out going overboard.
Eggplant has a bud also. No flower yet but she wants too.
Hungarian Hot Wax started producing a few big ones last week. Had them with eggs on toast with cheese. Another week or so and I'll be stuffing them.
My Peppadew is almost there too.

Greg
gssgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2008   #17
ctx00978
Tomatovillian™

I picked my first beans last night (Jade). They were delicious. My Roma II's, Royal Burgundy's, and Blue Lake's are all in bloom. My second plantings are all growing pretty fast too (More Jade, and then some pole beans like Rattlesnake, Emerite, Trionfo Violetto, Garden Of Eden, and Fortex). My lettuce, spinach, and sugar snap peas were pulled out yesterday, but I sure enjoyed them while they lasted!

Stacie
ctx00978 is offline   Reply With Quote