Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating beans, peas, peanuts, clover and vetch.

Old November 4, 2010   #1
browndude3649
Tomatovillian™

Default Wanna grow Edamame. Yum

This Spring I'd like to grow edamame soy beans . Any pointers? Prolly use grow bags for some of my stuff. Thoughts?
browndude3649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2010   #2
Ruth_10
Tomatovillian™

Some kind of critter always goes after ours. Not sure if it was deer, rabbits, or woodchuck. If you have any of these, make sure you can protect your plants.

You might try staggering your plantings to spread the harvest out unless your plan it to freeze the excess.

Some say the glass half-full. Others say the glass is half-empty. To an engineer, it’s twice as big as it needs to be.
Ruth_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2010   #3
browndude3649
Tomatovillian™

Hey thanks for posting up. I bought some seed by Kitazawa Seed outta Oakland ,Calif. Cant wait! Thought about starting early in 1020 trays in the garage. Will-be putting up deer netting for all my growbag plants.
browndude3649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2010   #4
RinTinTin
Tomatovillian™

The various soy beans are among the most nutrition packed veggies you can grow. Glad to see somebody growing their own. The US soy bean "industry" uses more tons of herbicides than any other crop grown on the continent. Please do not contribute to that problem. They will benefit your soil while producing something to bring to the table. (The couple buck$ you spend for inoculant will more than pay for itself in N added to your soil.
RinTinTin is offline   Reply With Quote