Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Forum area for discussing hybridizing tomatoes in technical terms and information pertinent to trait/variety specific long-term (1+ years) growout projects.

Old April 7, 2016   #16
PaddyMc
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashermike View Post
Sorry for dumb question. What is the meaning of letter/number labels? L 7-9 and 10 look interesting ... and delicious.
My labeling system goes like this: the letter is the bed they're in, the first number is the row in that bed, and the second number is the number of that plant in the row running east to west, or north to south depending on row orientation.
So, L 7-9 is bed "L", row 7, plant #9.
I grew out almost 700 segregating hybrid plants last year, so that's about the only way I can keep track of them.
PaddyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2016   #17
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyMc View Post
In this line I'm looking for (in order of importance) - taste, earliness, smaller blossom scars, production and dark brickyard-red/black colors. Seeds can be fermented or Oxy-cleaned, whatever your normal method is. Just save at least one fruit worth from every plant (two if something you think is really good shows up).
I look forward to your results.
Thank you.
Today I see 6 up...
Old April 7, 2016   #18
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyMc View Post
The very top pic (above the sliced one) is the un-sliced L 7-1.
Oh sorry I missed it, but I need to tell you something....I'm in love with your tomato. I know others may talk and say "ENOUGH you have hundreds already!" but I don't care. So if you can find it in your heart to bestow me with your beautiful creation I'm sure this bud of love, by summer's ripening breath, May prove a beauteous tomato when next we meet.
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2016   #19
mashermike
Tomatovillian™

PM sent
mashermike is offline   Reply With Quote