Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

CHOPTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Cincinnati Heirloom Open Pollinated Tomato Associate Growers

Old May 5, 2006   #61
Woodenzoo
Tomatovillian™

Just to let everyone know...
I've lost about a third of my tomato plants to what I suppose are cutworms. When I first lost 3, it looked more like damage from a bird, but the second night and 3 or 4 more plants beheaded, I went out with flashlight in hand...
I've dusted them all now with some Ortho something or other for veggies and hope that puts an end to it.
Which brings about a question... Does anyone know if a plant will 'rebound' after beheading if the said 'beheading' is above the seed leaves???? lol
mms,
I've sent you a PM about the plants I promised to bring for you.

I'll still bring my few pathetic extras, and if no one is interested, I'll more than understand!
Cathy
Old May 5, 2006   #62
Miss_Mudcat
Tomatovillian™

Is there an available cell phone # to call in case ONE gets lost? I don't get out of the country much!

Lisa
Old May 6, 2006   #63
valereee
Tomatovillian™

Jerry, btw -- I didn't get around to buying materials for the homemade earthboxes, so don't worry about bringing your tools!

Val