Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old February 23, 2012   #1
tedln

Default Anticipation

Hrer am sitting abd waiting for the fist week of March. My forty varieties are very tall and stocky and a few even have blooms. They are stayinin outside in the sun, wind, and raon and dpoing werll. They hardened off the first week under clouded shies. it was the perfect filterter sunlight fot the first episos\de or hardening off.

I plan on putting the in the groune in thr first week of March. If the long term forcast indicates good weather during the remainer or February, I may plant even earlier. If this weather contions I mau have a great garden with lots of tomatoes and other vevetables.

I hope everyone has the weather they have been waiting for years and we all harvest great gardens this year.

Dont pay any attention to the spelling. I writing in the dark without my glasses and I am sre therir are some horrible mistakes.

Good Luck

Ted

\\\\\
Old February 23, 2012   #2
kath
Tomatovillian™

Best wishes for continued good weather and for a plentiful harvest this year, Ted. I'm anticipating the first week in March, also, to be able to sow some more tomato and pepper seed. The few determinates I planted Feb. 1st are growing happily in the cold basement but it will still be quite some time before they get moved to the greenhouse and even longer before it's warm enough for them to be outside...and so we wait.. .

kath
kath is offline   Reply With Quote