Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old February 5, 2006   #1
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Default Three Pinks

Here we have three lovely pinks about a day away from devouring: from left, Polish; Soldacki; Olena Ukrainian.

Just had the Olena Ukrainian and it was truly excellent. Just a lovely fruity taste, with the typical sweet/tangy combination of so many great pinks.

Mind you, blindfolded, I probably couldn't tell the three above apart, though I think Polish probably isn't quite as complex as OU. But it's really a case of splitting hairs and Soldacki is the most productive followed by Polish. So they are all worth growing.

Cheers, Grub.

Grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2006   #2
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Here we have three lovely pinks about a day away from devouring: from left, Polish; Soldacki; Olena Ukrainian.

...he says, oh so casually. I mean, who the heck coldly starts out a sentence with "here we have..." other than a professor type.

you
are
evil
grub boy

(love ya, mean it)
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2006   #3
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Default Big One

And Olena Ukrainian get's pretty big too. I have been watching this baby and today I picked it before rain, birds and fruitfly.

It went 580 grams.

Will be ready in a few days.

[img][/img]
Old February 5, 2006   #4
Suze
Tomatovillian™

That's gorgeous, Grub. Olena sounds like a very nice variety, not sure why I haven't tried it before. 8)
Old February 5, 2006   #5
Catntree
Tomatovillian™

Here, at least, Olena U. is in the top 5 for beautiful fruit.
Only makes top 20 in taste, though, here...hmmm.....
Old February 5, 2006   #6
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Default Olean Ukrainian

Suze,
Sorry to tease :wink:
It tastes pretty good to me in my patch this season. But it hasn't set fruit in the humidity and heat like Soldacki and Polish.

BTW: Is that a current mug shot as your avatar? Maybe I should dredge up something from the past
Old February 5, 2006   #7
Suze
Tomatovillian™

BTW: Is that a current mug shot as your avatar?

Yep, that's me just a few months ago right after I got my hair cut. Pretty grainy shot, I know. Just don't have hardly any pics of myself. I cropped my face out of a pic that someone took at a party using a disposable camera (imagine a bunch of goofy intoxicated folks standing around me). Mainly wanted to see if I could make it into an avatar, was harder than I thought it would be to figure out. Hint: it helps if you make it a .gif, otherwise it's hard to get the file size small enough.

Maybe I should dredge up something from the past.

Maybe you should, grub, maybe you should. No baby pics, though.

Cheers

Edited to add -- oh, and I noticed today that my Kimberlys have buds on them. Hee! Soon now...
Old February 5, 2006   #8
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Default Cool

Party pics are so dangerous. I normally have a dumb grin and glazed eyes for some reason.

Still loving Kimberly down here. Had a bunch of Russian Reds last night and they are very good. Persey is starting to colour up now.

Will report back as soon as I finish my work