Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 18, 2018   #1
ac21686
Tomatovillian™

Default Help identifying problems with tomato plants.

Hi all,

Was wondering if I could have some advice here. I checked the fusarium wilt thread and pictures of it online and it doesn't seem to be the issue here, though I don't know how quickly FW makes its presence known. This is happening on a few varieties -- I did happen to plant Momotaro which I know is vulnerable -- and we bought the seeds from a few places -- Johnny's, Fedco, Baker Creek, and Burpee. I'd have to check which specific varieties these are but thought I'd just quickly pick a couple off now to upload. We planted these about a week before Memorial Day and the plants looked clean. The late spring weather was quite terrible here in SW CT and plants looked stagnant for a while and then it got hot in a hurry. There seems to be early blight in a couple of pictures but I don't know what to make of the ones that have the white marks. The new growth on the plants looks clean but that probably doesn't mean much. My uncle has sprayed an insecticide twice but no fungicide yet. Any thoughts? I'm hoping it's just transplant shock from the weather getting hot in a hurry here for the majority of the plants but I am not optimistic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6553.JPG (151.6 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6551.JPG (108.3 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6549.JPG (127.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6550.JPG (122.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6552.JPG (119.5 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by ac21686; June 18, 2018 at 11:29 AM.
ac21686 is offline   Reply With Quote