Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

A garden is only as good as the ground that it's planted in. Discussion forum for the many ways to improve the soil where we plant our gardens.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 18, 2016   #1
MrSalvage
Tomatovillian™

Default Would truckloads of Seaweed help out?

My oldest sister lives in a waterfront community. So i have access to the beach and boat ramps ect. There is always seaweed on the beach and lots of it. I am sure with little effort I could load my 1/2 ton Chevy full and bring it home.

Would that much of the stuff help?

Here is my plan I want to do plastic mulch and drip tape next year. I was thinking of tilling a bunch of rows about 4 ft wide by 100 yds. Say 4 or 5 rows separated by my lawn every 5 foot or so. I would then be able to mow between the rows real easy. The problem is after I till the soil to make it soft and get all the rocks and junk out of it. I have nothing really here to do raised rows. I was thinking that seaweed would help. I know leaves will to but i don't really have much leaf material. I could buy topsoil by the truck load but can see my wallet going broke. With me needed raise rows what would be a cost effective way to do this. I am going totally organic with what I will consider a no till deal after the first time to clean up.

Whaddyathink?
MrSalvage is offline   Reply With Quote