Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old June 29, 2013   #16
Mike Maurer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefluffybunny View Post
Well I am definitely the odd man out on this one. My experiences with Pinetree were very negative. The first year I tried to order from them, shipping was delayed till the point I cancelled the order (to their credit they did respond quickly on the cancellation) as it was getting to late to start them and I ended up buying off the seed racks.

The second year they fulfilled the order, but I wish they had not. Overall it was the lowest germination rates of any seeds I encountered. The stuff I had around for 5-15 years germinated in a superior fashion. I was forced to do that, simply because the Pinetree seeds germination rate was so poor I had to use extra seeds of proven varieties to fill up my garden space. The last straw was several of the varieties that did germinate did not seem to be true to name. However this was restricted tomatoes and peppers. I ended up reordering those seeds from Tatiana’s and then the grow outs match my expectations based on recollection and printed descriptions.

So in summary, extreme delay in shipping, very, very, very poor germination rates, and seeming incorrect varieties. On the positive side, they did issue a lightening face refund when I cancelled the initial order due to the delay in shipping. They also had very reasonable prices and tolerable shipping. I have not tried them since, especially since I am more inclined to order tomato, and pepper seeds than anything, and those were the two genre of items I had varietal trouble with.
My experience has been just the opposite, they are my go to seed supplier.
Their shipping has been way above and beyond, the seeds have all been correct and good, and they have the best price both seeds and shipping that I have found. Some other places have decent prices for seeds and plants but nail you to the wall on their shipping and HANDLING charges.
I use to use Gurney's years ago, but now they are one of the most expensive seed suppliers around, besides being bought out and just one of many catalogs their recent owner sends out
Mike Maurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2013   #17
RJGlew
Tomatovillian™

Default Very happy with Pinetree

Great seeds and speedy delivery on some very nice hybrids. They handled the Canadian customs forms perfectly within their reasonable postage fee. They have Moreton F1 for Canadians since Harris will not ship to Canada.

Excellent experience with these folks.
RJGlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2013   #18
RJGlew
Tomatovillian™

Default 15% off on Black Friday & weekend

Black Friday Sale! As a Thank You to our valued customers, Pinetree Garden Seeds is offering 15% Off your entire order placed via phone or web Friday through Monday! Discount will be applied at checkout. Gift certificates do not qualify for discount.
Old November 29, 2013   #19
raindrops27
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJGlew View Post
Black Friday Sale! As a Thank You to our valued customers, Pinetree Garden Seeds is offering 15% Off your entire order placed via phone or web Friday through Monday! Discount will be applied at checkout. Gift certificates do not qualify for discount.

But what is the code? I tried calling but I got a recording so I need the code for online.
raindrops27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2013   #20
kath
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrops27 View Post
But what is the code? I tried calling but I got a recording so I need the code for online.
The code is: shipFREE. The info is on their homepage.

kath
kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2013   #21
RJGlew
Tomatovillian™

Default 15% is auto removed from "Product Total:" in Confirm Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrops27 View Post
Once you click through to the "Confirm Order" page (before you have been asked to pay) the 15% is automatically deducted from the Product Total: line without any code being applied.

I have uploaded a screen image of a test order for 2 * Pony Yellow F1 watermelon seeds. The line total is 2 * 1.75 = $3.50, but note the Product Total: line is $2.98 which reflects the 15% off. Also note that in an non-intuitive manner, the line Discounts Applied: is showing $0.00 which is correct since the discount was already applied in the line above that (Product Total).

No need for a code for the 15%, but perhaps a valid code can get you even more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PinetreeDiscount.jpg (14.8 KB, 134 views)
Old November 30, 2013   #22
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Great seeds and speedy delivery on some very nice hybrids. They handled the Canadian customs forms perfectly within their reasonable postage fee. They have Moreton F1 for Canadians since Harris will not ship to Canada.

Excellent experience with these folks.
I am kind of disappointed in you RJGlew for trying to dupe us in this post. You made it sound like you are the customer, not the owner.

Marsha
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2013   #23
RJGlew
Tomatovillian™

Default An owner in Calgary, Alberta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
I am kind of disappointed in you RJGlew for trying to dupe us in this post. You made it sound like you are the customer, not the owner.

Marsha
I am a happy customer, just answering a question for another member about their site operations. I am very happy with Pinetree since they ship to Canada, and had seeds like Moreton F1 that are not available to us through Harris.

Old November 24, 2014   #24
RJGlew
Tomatovillian™

Default 15% off - 2014 Black Friday Sale

Code BLK2014 at checkout.

Can't wait to try Minnesota Midget in my Zone 3a garden next summer.
Old November 25, 2014   #25
Mike Maurer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Code BLK2014 at checkout.

Can't wait to try Minnesota Midget in my Zone 3a garden next summer.
I haven't had much success with Minnesota Midget. I assume you mean the melon.
Be sure and grow it in full sun. I have partial shade in my zone 6/7 garden and it didn't do well. However Israeli did.
Mike Maurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25, 2014   #26
RJGlew
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Maurer View Post
I haven't had much success with Minnesota Midget. I assume you mean the melon. Be sure and grow it in full sun. I have partial shade in my zone 6/7 garden and it didn't do well. However Israeli did.
Yes, it is the melon I am after since 60 DTM might just make it here. Thanks for the tips
Old November 30, 2014   #27
RJGlew
Tomatovillian™

Default 15% Off for Cyber Monday Includes Gift Certificates.

From an e-mail sent to me:

USE CODE "CYB2014" Enter Code on Cart Page Prior to Check Out
Valid on ONLINE ORDERS ONLY. May not be used for phone orders. Not valid for holiday wreaths and centerpieces. Not valid for prior purchases