Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Old June 28, 2016   #31
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
My wife went out and sat on the porch swing enjoying the changing weather. I swear she looked like she was 20 again.
Some things are priceless.

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2016   #32
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post
Some things are priceless.
You are so right.

It changed my overall outlook and gave me the inspiration to continue making things better around our home.

Friday, July 1, 2016 is our 31rst anniversary.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2016   #33
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
It seems like May was a long time ago now. We tried my brother's porch swing in several places and it never got used. The thought of building one was all but dead. Then, a couple of days ago, we moved it under a tree that has morning glories growing around 15-20' behind it, raised beds to each side, a huge ivy bed in front, and behind the ivy bed is our main garden.

Yesterday was another typical dog days of summer type day here with 95+ heat and high humidity. We were sitting doing our normal evening routine when suddenly there was thunder and wind with sprinkling rain. My wife went out and sat on the porch swing enjoying the changing weather. I swear she looked like she was 20 again.

It was 'the' change I've been needing. It finally made me see the changes I've been making around the place as being worth while. I have sat aside money for fireworks for Independence Day. After yesterday evening, I thought, I could either entertain people for 20-30 minutes of fireworks or build a porch swing that'll last a lifetime. I'm going to build that porch swing. Someone else can buy fireworks.
No kidding I can tell you I was 16 years old the last time I spent one thin dime on fireworks.
The town puts on a free show every year and that is what I am going to do.
The whole town shows up.

And remember you dont have to break the bank all at once to build a good one.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote